PC Declared King!

Im gonna put this here before Toms runs there article on it tomorrow ;)

PC 'rules supreme' in games world - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7960498.stm

Quote:
The personal computer is king in the world of games, according to a new report by the PC Gaming Alliance.

On the opening day of the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, the Alliance said the industry made about $11 billion world wide last year.
7 answers Last reply
More about declared king
  1. Had it up for an hour now but not got round to reading it. Damned job!
  2. Good news, but really quite a boring article!
  3. Think they include flash games in this? Semms a damn high figure considering the sales figures of the top titles last year.
  4. pr2thej said:
    Think they include flash games in this? Semms a damn high figure considering the sales figures of the top titles last year.

World of Goo must have sold more than we expected! :lol:
  5. lol, well it was a pretty interesting original game to be fair to it. However I wonder if this is just the sum of people playing games therefore also including pirated games?
  6. I'm glad to start finally seeing more and more validation for those of us who've long argued that PC gaming is no where near dead and not even dying. I made the point several weeks ago that I think the current gaming cycle is starting to swing back in favor of PCs because that is where the opportunity to innovate and push the limits is. All of the consoles out right now are getting dated so it's hard to make the next big thing on what are rapidly becoming stagnant platforms. I expect big things in PC gaming over the next few years. Hopefully MS will finally put out an OS that will allow DX10,11, etc gaming to go mainstream.
  7. Considering the price of a PS3 as well these days its not much more of an investment to get a half decent rig on the go provided you have the basics.

On a side note - is it not down to the game devs to make use of 64bit tech? I seem to remember reading that on some recent Toms email...
Ask a new question

Read More

King Games Video Games