PC Declared King!

mi1ez

Splendid

World of Goo must have sold more than we expected! :lol:

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
lol, well it was a pretty interesting original game to be fair to it. However I wonder if this is just the sum of people playing games therefore also including pirated games?

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
I'm glad to start finally seeing more and more validation for those of us who've long argued that PC gaming is no where near dead and not even dying. I made the point several weeks ago that I think the current gaming cycle is starting to swing back in favor of PCs because that is where the opportunity to innovate and push the limits is. All of the consoles out right now are getting dated so it's hard to make the next big thing on what are rapidly becoming stagnant platforms. I expect big things in PC gaming over the next few years. Hopefully MS will finally put out an OS that will allow DX10,11, etc gaming to go mainstream.

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Considering the price of a PS3 as well these days its not much more of an investment to get a half decent rig on the go provided you have the basics.

On a side note - is it not down to the game devs to make use of 64bit tech? I seem to remember reading that on some recent Toms email...