Sign in with
Your question

Why they do this to us

Last response: in Video Games
March 24, 2009 8:17:09 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ88aPHBjqE&eurl=http://...

what in the earth is happing to pc gamers.its ridiculousness how in the world xbox 360 or ps3 can handle those intensive grafix load on crysis when our pc couldnt.

why i mean why they do this to us.we upgrade our cpu and gpu every 18 months still why they keep beating us.

god i hate consoles they try to bury us alive.

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

first gonna cry all day .after i done crying i will go and punch on the faces of the people who responsible for xbox 360 and p3.

theses consoles are to much they like viruses to us.

anybody would like to join me.

More about : question

March 24, 2009 8:22:37 AM

1. Try writing in proper English.
2. What are you on? The Consoles are using Graphic Cards based around the 7800 era.
3. This is a Newer engine to the one Crysis uses, ever seen the speed increase in FPS on Crysis Warhead because of engine updates/Optimizations.
4. The PC version will look better.
March 24, 2009 9:03:25 AM

WTF?
Related resources
March 24, 2009 11:17:41 AM

Id like to join you only so's that i can tie your shoelaces together when you aren't looking and enjoy the results.
March 24, 2009 2:23:12 PM

It must be difficult to live in a dark room.
Most games come out on consoles first because it is much easier to write for the limited hardware and refine the proof of concept.
With pc hardware being much more dynamic and diverse it takes a little longer.
Writing effectively 3 versions for pc's including DX 9, 10, and probably 11 could possibly cause a few challenges.
Patience is a virtue and so is knowledge.
March 24, 2009 2:32:02 PM

Where start, do I with this?
March 25, 2009 6:50:17 PM

It is alittle true but not really, I own a ps3 and gaming pc have games like far cry 2 from the video, got one for the ps3 before I even thought of getting a video card. The games don't really look much better, I have to admit. But the pc edition does still look better, and the settings max except for the no aa. Plus you cant go past 1080p with either of those consoles. I can understand how you can understand how you can compare the ps3, but how the f are you really going to say that xbox360 is the same or even better. ps3 has 3.2 ghz with 8 cores.That is a totl of 25.6ghz, so it is no wonder how the ps3 has little diference to the pc, but the video cards in the ps3 is like the nvidia 7000 series. The video card matters much more the processor, atleast from my eexperience with my new video card. I can play Bioshock maxed out on 1080p, but before my video was installed I can only play the game on 640x480(something like that) on minimum settings, so I guess the video card really makes the biggest difference, and consoles today don't really have good video cards, so the pc wins. You can make a much better pc for gaming than the consoles if you spend money.
March 25, 2009 11:20:21 PM

bigal18 said:
It is alittle true but not really

Thats as far as i got :/ 
March 26, 2009 1:32:14 AM

jesus christ, did we just go back in time to directx9 or something?

That cryengine3 video actually looks worse than cryengine 2.
March 26, 2009 2:28:49 AM

I'm sorry but I refuse to take a youtube video seriously when trying to show off graphic engine quality. Give me a several hundred MB video I can download so I can see how it ACTUALLY looks, not how it looks after youtube rapes it with the converters it uses.
March 26, 2009 6:02:40 AM

sorry to say but i enjoy playing console games but still i want to play pc because of online games
March 26, 2009 8:43:07 AM

SO long as they make two types of controls and menu - one for the PC version the other for the console version we will be almost OK.

So long as the PC is able to make use its 32core, 15 graphics card, 128Gb ram 32Tb hdd and isn't held back for consoles we will be OK.

SO long as they dont dumb down the story for the console people - Oh bollox - they are going to dumb it down arnt they.
March 26, 2009 3:04:47 PM

ovaltineplease said:
jesus christ, did we just go back in time to directx9 or something?

That cryengine3 video actually looks worse than cryengine 2.

They sped it up. How else were they going to get the engine going faster?
March 26, 2009 4:48:17 PM

bigal18 said:
I can understand how you can understand how you can compare the ps3, but how the f are you really going to say that xbox360 is the same or even better. ps3 has 3.2 ghz with 8 cores.That is a totl of 25.6ghz, so it is no wonder how the ps3 has little diference to the pc.

Are you fricking kidding me, do you understand anything of what you just said cause it's complete BS.

First - The 360 has a slightly more powerfull graphics card which makes it perfectly reasonable to compare "GRAPHICS". If the PS3 is so overpowered why do many games not look as good as the 360?

Second - The Cell does not have 8 cores, it has 1 SSE and 8 SPE's of which the 8th is disabled. One SPE is reserved for the OS leaving 6 SPE's for programmers to use. They are plenty powerfull, but are not full blown processors and must be programmed for specifically.

Using your argument (which is way off base) we can say the Cell has 6x3.2Ghz = 19.2Ghz
So if the Xenon in the 360 is a 3 core 3.2Ghz processor that can do two threads per core then in lala land it also is 6x3.2Ghz = 19.2ghz

See, I can use magic numbers that don't make any sense too!!!!

The PS3 has a bottleneck GPU, the 360 has a bottleneck CPU which means both have a bottleneck and neither will utterly dominate the other unless you are FOH.
March 30, 2009 10:56:38 AM

meh, CE3 ain't that much of an upgrade, really, it's one mass optimization of CE2 for consoles, really. They can call it CE3 for all i care, it's really CE2 dumbed down to fit the outdated specs of the consoles.
March 30, 2009 6:04:43 PM

CptTripps said:
Are you fricking kidding me, do you understand anything of what you just said cause it's complete BS.

First - The 360 has a slightly more powerfull graphics card which makes it perfectly reasonable to compare "GRAPHICS". If the PS3 is so overpowered why do many games not look as good as the 360?

Second - The Cell does not have 8 cores, it has 1 SSE and 8 SPE's of which the 8th is disabled. One SPE is reserved for the OS leaving 6 SPE's for programmers to use. They are plenty powerfull, but are not full blown processors and must be programmed for specifically.

Using your argument (which is way off base) we can say the Cell has 6x3.2Ghz = 19.2Ghz
So if the Xenon in the 360 is a 3 core 3.2Ghz processor that can do two threads per core then in lala land it also is 6x3.2Ghz = 19.2ghz

See, I can use magic numbers that don't make any sense too!!!!

The PS3 has a bottleneck GPU, the 360 has a bottleneck CPU which means both have a bottleneck and neither will utterly dominate the other unless you are FOH.

Great reply; nuff said!!!
!