FS: i7-930, EVGA FTW3 X58, 9 GB RAM ~$450 OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
I'm trying to upgrade my system base to P67, so I'm looking to sell my X58 set. I'd like to sell it together, but could be willing to part it out if I get enough interest in all of the parts.

All components purchased in August of 2010, except the 3x1GB Kingston RAM.

My i7-930 has NEVER been overclocked, and will come in the retail box with the stock cooler.

The FTW3 only has one issue, which is a broken SATA II port (not a SATA III port). I think it's port 3 or 4, but the board still has 7 other available ports. I'll try to get a picture up this week.
Everything else works fine, and the board is pretty clean overall because my Raven has dust filters. Running 3x470s in it comfortably.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188066&cm_re=FTW3-_-13-188-066-_-Product

The RAM is actually 2 sets. The first is 3x2GB Patriot Viper II Sector 7 RAM DDR3-1600, and although I though it was 8-8-8-24, it is listed as 8-9-8-24; I'm probably wrong.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220502&cm_re=viper_ii_sector_7-_-20-220-502-_-Product

The second set is 3x1GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600. I know it's got 8-8-8-24 timings, and I'm pretty sure it's this kind (can't get to my boxes ATM): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104115&cm_re=Kingston_3gb-_-20-104-115-_-Product
Runs great with the Patriot, and haven't had any issues with it in my system.

I'm asking $450 for the whole deal, and everything will come with the original boxes and materials. I'd be happy to include the cost of shipping in the price, though can ship express for the price of the shipping.

Thanks guys!

$190: i7-930
$150: DAMAGED USED mobo
$50: 6GB DDR3 (consider 8GB sells for $75 NEW)
$20: 3GB DDR3 (consider 4GB sells for $25 AR New)

Total: $410

If you're in the market for these specific parts it might be worth it. Of course, I'd spend the same to get a new i5-2500K build. I think you're gonna have to drop it to $370 before you get a bite or sell them individually on ebay.

Thanks for the breakdown. I didn't quite know what the parts were worth, so that helps a lot. I was hoping somebody was interested and would negotiate.
I have this for sale on several forums, and will update accordingly.

Yeah that is true. I'm debating whether or not to do an actual full upgrade, since I would need to find all of my old installation codes (most of my software was student downloads from Microsoft) in order to reinstall Windows...

Don't bother upgrading. An i-930 @ ~4.0GHz is still great. You'll only get 2% on framerates with an upgrade that costs you $200 after selling parts. You may as well just wait for LGA 2011 and Bulldozer. By then you'll be able to get a graphics upgrade much more cheaply too. P67 really can't handle three-way SLI btw.

I noticed in your sig that you have 3x GTX 470's? From every benchmark I've ever seen the third doesn't scale very well in gaming...but it might in folding? If I were you and thinking about selling parts, I'd drop one of the GTX 470's while they're still worth something. Come Black Friday this year, they'll drop to $120 (especially if GeForce 600 or Radeon 7000 come out). Since you have X58, you've got enough lanes, but you'd probably be monetarily served better with a GT240 or so in your third card as PhysX than a GTX 470 barely scaling and providing PhysX.

Unrelated, but I'm torn between upgrading my GTX 470 and grabbing a second for SLI like I'd originally planned. Let me know if you do decide to sell, especially at a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.