Wizard File Transfer

I was successful in transferring all my files from 98 to XP except for a all
files for a software application. The software was a problem installing as
well. I think is was running on 95 originally. What can I do to get my files
transferred or where can I find help. Thanks

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:55AE2BAE-4818-4505-9E2F-C832FB5B09C8@microsoft.com,
la0 <la0@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I was successful in transferring all my files from 98 to XP except
> for a all files for a software application. The software was a
> problem installing as well. I think is was running on 95 originally.
> What can I do to get my files transferred or where can I find help.
> Thanks

Well... What was the name of the software application? That will probably
help us answer your question a bit better. Otherwise I'd say try the site
for the software or, of course, the help files for the software.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

The software is "Family Tree Maker" by Broderbund. Yes, I will try the site
and help files. Thanks

In news:01B12D2E-CAA0-432B-9D24-5CFBE5B74FB9@microsoft.com,
la0 <la0@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> The software is "Family Tree Maker" by Broderbund. Yes, I will try
> the site and help files. Thanks

It looks as though you might need to export the data manually. Where does it
save the data that you enter in to it? Or, try this link here:

http://www.familytreemaker.com/help/tutorials/gettingstarted/Share_Your_Tree/Sharing_Trees,_Books,_and_Reports.htm

That will show you how to export your data and then, I assume, you can
import it later on to another computer.