Sign in with
Your question

Have you played these RPG games? PC:

Last response: in Video Games
March 24, 2009 6:34:13 PM

Has anyone ever played either of these two RPG's for the PC?

Drakensang
or
The last remnant

I have been reading reviews of them, and I have been trying to figure out if I should buy them. Some reviewers like them a lot. Some think they are generic and crappy.

Most regular gameplayers tend to like them. Some think they are crappy. Either way, they are games that few people know exist. I really, really like RPG games, so I think I want to try them out. It is just difficult to get a sense of the type of games that a particular reviewer likes when he gives a review.

I like the typical old-school type of game. But I really hate bad english translations and voice acting that is better seen and not heard.

So, has anyone played these?

More about : played rpg games

March 25, 2009 7:22:21 AM

i havent played any of these but i think the last reminant is pretty cool and the fighting scene is really awesome. i think its an online game? am i right? i hope i can have this too. but since im broke at the moment i'll stick to my online game atlantica
March 25, 2009 8:25:20 AM

Dude...we get it...you play Atlantica. It doesnt need to come up in every single post.
Related resources
March 25, 2009 8:30:44 PM

The Last Remnant isn't great. It runs very badly and the battle system's poor at best. Drakensang, I haven't heard of.
March 27, 2009 10:13:31 AM

snyderm said:
Has anyone ever played either of these two RPG's for the PC?

Drakensang
or
The last remnant

I have been reading reviews of them, and I have been trying to figure out if I should buy them. Some reviewers like them a lot. Some think they are generic and crappy.

Most regular gameplayers tend to like them. Some think they are crappy. Either way, they are games that few people know exist. I really, really like RPG games, so I think I want to try them out. It is just difficult to get a sense of the type of games that a particular reviewer likes when he gives a review.

I like the typical old-school type of game. But I really hate bad english translations and voice acting that is better seen and not heard.

So, has anyone played these?

no sorry haven't tried this rpg games..
Anonymous
January 6, 2010 12:19:34 AM

I am playing Drakensang right now. I think the translations and voice acting will be just fine for you, unless your really picky. I have really enjoyed playing so far. It has alot of the old school elements of older pc games like BG and KOTOR. Its defently a RPG not some cross breed. You know there isn't alot of choices out there any way. Its not like RPGs are flying out the door and you have 20 different ones to choose from, unlike the crap that is out there now. If you like rpgs I think its safe to say you will enjoy playing Drakensang, its not the best I have played but its still alot of fun. I haven't played The last remnant but from what I have read about it, its not the good old RPG type like Drakensang is.
January 7, 2010 11:11:19 AM

Dragon Age: Origins is an excellent game. It's from Bioware, so you're getting the same great RPG gameplay that you got from KOTOR, Jade Empire and Mass Effect.
January 7, 2010 2:03:59 PM

Seriously, this thread was dead for over 9 months...
!