Sign in with
Your question
Solved

A lot of corrupted files

Last response: in Windows 7
August 26, 2010 10:53:06 PM

Hi,
I just installed Win 7 on my brand new rig and I have some strange issues. A lot of programs and games won't install because some files (from the installation package) are corrupted.

It happens to:
- AVG
- Armed Assault 2
- Armed Assault 2: Operation Arrowhead
- Battle Field Bad company 2

I bough the games online and tried to re-download them but it does not help. I had no problems installing them on my older PC.

It's kind of strange isn't it ?

After assembling the PC I did not install any drivers except the graphic drivers. All hardware is recognized. The OS seems to be stable

Any ideas ?

EDIT: After 5 retries of installation of Battlefield, it finally worked. That shows that the problem is not in the installation files. The other program still not working.

Tex

More about : lot corrupted files

a c 215 $ Windows 7
August 26, 2010 11:00:15 PM

Could you provide an exact error message from one of the installers?
m
l
August 26, 2010 11:14:36 PM

This is german

But it means "Error while copying the data. File is corrupted."

AVG went now also through but it was before saying a similar message. Something with .cab file corruption.

If I have more exact messages I will post them

Thanks,
Tex
m
l
Related resources
August 27, 2010 5:50:52 PM

Installation of Arma2:

m
l
August 27, 2010 5:59:04 PM

Battlefiled:

m
l
August 31, 2010 5:20:20 PM

Hello again,
I can now confirm that sometimes when I execute a file it reports an "corrupt" error. And then if I execute it again, it works. So I would say there is something with the hard disk.

I also get sometimes a BSOD reporting a "bad_pool_header". I googled for it and it kind of confirm that there is something with the sata controller. See here.

In the link they say that a solution could be to update my chipset drivers but I'm not sure what that is. I have a Asus P7P55D Pro motherboard with an Intel i7 CPU. Could anyoe point me to the drivers that I should install/update ?

Edit, ok I will install the "Chipset" and "Sata" drivers that are in the "Dowanload" section of that link.

Thanks,
Tex

m
l

Best solution

September 7, 2010 5:48:52 AM

I think the drivers solved the problem. I anyway had to send my motherboard back because of this problem but this "corrupted" errors were gone.

cheers,
Tex
September 17, 2010 5:24:45 PM

Best answer selected by Maziar.
m
l
!