why do newsgroup nanes sometimes appear in read when listed on the list
telling me of subscribed newsgroups

Its because you posted a post , Or you answer someone
post

roger.ty wrote:
> why do newsgroup nanes sometimes appear in read when listed on the
> list telling me of subscribed newsgroups

This is because you have clicked in the spectacles column to the left of
the subject line. Normally this would be because you wanted a post
marked if you were watching it for some reason, I do this if I respond
to a post, so I know when there are other responses in the thread.
--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Kath

Why don't you use Replies to my messages for threads you have posted to
and the Watch facility for threads you are interested in but have not
posted?

--

Regards.

Gerry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kath Adams" <kathadams@(nospam)mvps.org> wrote in message
> roger.ty wrote:
>> why do newsgroup nanes sometimes appear in read when listed on the
>> list telling me of subscribed newsgroups
>
> This is because you have clicked in the spectacles column to the left
> of the subject line. Normally this would be because you wanted a post
> marked if you were watching it for some reason, I do this if I respond
> to a post, so I know when there are other responses in the thread.
> --
> Kath Adams
> MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Gerry,
I don't know why really, have always done this. And generally, I am only
interested in threads that I have replied to!
Kath

Gerry Cornell wrote:
> Kath
>
> Why don't you use Replies to my messages for threads you have posted
> to and the Watch facility for threads you are interested in but have
> not posted?
>

> "Kath Adams" <kathadams@(nospam)mvps.org> wrote in message
>> roger.ty wrote:
>>> why do newsgroup nanes sometimes appear in read when listed on the
>>> list telling me of subscribed newsgroups
>>
>> This is because you have clicked in the spectacles column to the left
>> of the subject line. Normally this would be because you wanted a post
>> marked if you were watching it for some reason, I do this if I
>> respond to a post, so I know when there are other responses in the
>> thread. --
>> Kath Adams
>> MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Kath

The advantage with Replies to my Messages is that you know exactly how
many messages you have not read. Writing this message it occurs to me
that I need a Message Rule to mark all my own messages as Read.

--

Regards.

Gerry

FCA