service pack 2 problem

I finally just upgraded to service pack 2 and now my Yamaha audio device
drivers are not compatible with it and will not work. I did go the sony
website to download the newest driver for this device. It also said that it
would not work with this "version of windows". Please help. My sound icon
on the toolbar has also disappeared since I upgraded since I no longer have
sound on my sony laptop.

plshopgal wrote:

> I finally just upgraded to service pack 2 and now my Yamaha audio device
> drivers are not compatible with it and will not work. I did go the sony
> website to download the newest driver for this device. It also said that it
> would not work with this "version of windows". Please help. My sound icon
> on the toolbar has also disappeared since I upgraded since I no longer have
> sound on my sony laptop.

Yamaha sound drivers? Visit the Yamaha website and search
for its download site...probably somewhere in technical
support. Download and install the Windows XP-SP2 update for
the sound drivers. Otherwise...bad luck; should have checked
first before updating to SP2.