Sign in with
Your question

Asus A7N8X Dlx Won't Get Passed Windows XP Screen

Last response: in Motherboards
May 1, 2003 6:38:31 AM

I think I'm having the same problem that G_Man had. I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard and an Athlon XP 2500 with the Barton core. I have my BIOS settings as FSB - 166MHz and 1st Boot - HDD 0. The computer boots to the Windows XP screen where the little square dot goes from left to right to left and then my screen goes black and after about 10 seconds it restarts itself. I have all my jumpers on the board set at factory. I haven't tried disabling the RAID and SATA jumpers, I will try that, any other suggestions? Please help!!
May 1, 2003 8:37:04 AM

As always, we need details. Make sure you have only what you need in there. Was this a clean install, or a hard drive from another computer? Take out everything you don't need. WHat ram do you have, What power supply do you have? What video card? :)  Have you tried moving the fsb back to 133 just to see if it boots?
May 1, 2003 12:30:31 PM

I have 512MB PC2700, ATI Radeon 8500DV, Antec case with 330 watt True power supply. All these details do not matter because it gets through the POST with no problems, right? I am gonna move those two jumpers now, I'll let ya know if it worked.
Related resources
May 1, 2003 11:05:01 PM

Was it a clean fresh install from a formatted drive or did you move this drive from your other system? Yes, those things would matter if it was a driver conflict that was holding up your system. Try to boot into safe mode and see if that works.
May 2, 2003 3:48:40 AM

It was a bad video card. I'm on my new computer now using my old Radeon 7200 until I get my replacement 8500. Thanks for everyone's help.
!