Remote assistance

wally

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2001

I don't seem to be able to connect to others with Remote Assistance in XP
and no -one seems to be able to connect to me..

Can anyone send me details on how this is acomplished?
Thanks

Are you running WinXP Home or Pro, Wally?

Using Remote Assistance to Get Help When You Need It:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/remoteassist/intro.mspx

Overview of Remote Assistance in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300546/en-us

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

Wally wrote:
> I don't seem to be able to connect to others with Remote Assistance in XP
> and no -one seems to be able to connect to me..
>
> Can anyone send me details on how this is acomplished?
> Thanks

Hi Wally,

With the advent of home routers, many do not realize that they also block
activity that is not initiated from behind the router. What most need to do
is open port 3389 on the router, and use forwarding to the internal IP of
the machine being accessed or doing the accessing.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone