Remote assistance

I don't seem to be able to connect to others with Remote Assistance in XP
and no -one seems to be able to connect to me..

Can anyone send me details on how this is acomplished?
Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance

    Are you running WinXP Home or Pro, Wally?

    Using Remote Assistance to Get Help When You Need It:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/remoteassist/intro.mspx

    Overview of Remote Assistance in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300546/en-us

    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

    Wally wrote:
    > I don't seem to be able to connect to others with Remote Assistance in XP
    > and no -one seems to be able to connect to me..
    >
    > Can anyone send me details on how this is acomplished?
    > Thanks

    Hi Wally,

    With the advent of home routers, many do not realize that they also block
    activity that is not initiated from behind the router. What most need to do
    is open port 3389 on the router, and use forwarding to the internal IP of
    the machine being accessed or doing the accessing.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Wally" <shiner(remove)@ehmail.com> wrote in message
    >I don't seem to be able to connect to others with Remote Assistance in XP
    > and no -one seems to be able to connect to me..
    >
    > Can anyone send me details on how this is acomplished?
    > Thanks

Connection Microsoft Windows XP