WPA HP2510 All-In-One and Linksys WRT54G

Any experiences connecting the HP 2510 printer with WPA to Linksys WRT54G?
I manage to get WEP working, however WPA remains dead.
3 answers Last reply
More about hp2510 linksys wrt54g

    How old is your WRT54G and what firmware are you using? If the firmware is
    pre-2.0, then it may contain a bug where the router can lock up under WPA.
    The solution for this is to upgrade the firmware. If you are using the
    latest firmware on both devices, all I can say is make sure that the same
    case-sensitive passphrase is used on both devices.

    -Yves

    "Kees W Pompe" <pompekw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Any experiences connecting the HP 2510 printer with WPA to Linksys WRT54G?
    > I manage to get WEP working, however WPA remains dead.

    The WRT54G is version 1.1, I applied the latest and greatest firmware
    v2.04.4, Aug. 3, 2004
    I also checked upon HP support for known problems, but HP are not aware of
    any, but still it fails.
    Two of my PCs have no connection problems with WPA-PSK, note that HP
    configuration
    screens talk about EAP/PSK, I wonder if there may be a different standard?
    No mistake about the same case-sensitive passphrases is in order, the same
    passphrases work
    fine for the two PCs. The web configuration utility for HP speaks about a 8
    to 63 length alphanumeric
    passphrase which is processed into a 32 byte string to be shared.
    I wonder if some more detailed problem determination can be performed, e.g.
    analyzing some logs,
    or "sniffing" the packets between HP and Linksys. I cannot find instructions
    on such in manuals
    of either.
    I suspect a product defect for WPA on the side of HP, but are not able to
    pursue that any further
    at the moment. Again the WEP configuration works just fine.
    Any more suggestions appreciated.

    "Yves Konigshofer" <yvesk@sStTaAnNfFoOrRdD.edu> wrote in message
    > How old is your WRT54G and what firmware are you using? If the firmware
    is
    > pre-2.0, then it may contain a bug where the router can lock up under WPA.
    > The solution for this is to upgrade the firmware. If you are using the
    > latest firmware on both devices, all I can say is make sure that the same
    > case-sensitive passphrase is used on both devices.
    >
    > -Yves
    >
    > "Kees W Pompe" <pompekw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Any experiences connecting the HP 2510 printer with WPA to Linksys
    WRT54G?
    > > I manage to get WEP working, however WPA remains dead.

    hi, this is quintin form holland.

    My sullusion for this problem with the hp2510 photosmart is to first
    install with a networkcable and afterwards I went in the menu "network"
    to the "wireless radio" and switch it to "on" than take the
    networkcable out and than you connect to the adres of the hp2510 and
    you can set al configurations such as WPA and WEP, remember to first
    zet the WEP first on the hp2510 and than save de setting on de linksys.
    if you don't you can't connect. if this is not enough you can e-mail to
    qmc84@hotmail.com

    --
    quintin

Wireless Linksys Hewlett Packard Internet Wireless Networking