Games Category Change Announcement

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that the games forum is going to be moving in the forum list to underneath the "Software" supersection. This change will be occurring on Tuesday, April 1st, and it will have no effect on the forum URLs or pre-existing posts.

We are making this change because we have added a whole new section called "Beyond the Keyboard." This section allows discussions about various things of interest to Tom's users that may be unrelated to computing. After this new section was added, the current structure of the forum listing page didn't make as much sense. Hopefully, this will make it clearer.

Thanks for all your support!
Justin

P.S. Be sure to check out the "Beyond the Keyboard" section. It is there now, and should be quite interesting!

Idiotic idea IMO. If I want to read about global warming or if Mrs Cratchits cat got stuck in a tree I'll read MSN or some other news site, and I don't want to read any rants while somebody's in the middle of a hissy fit........... as a matter of fact I shy away from such things. This is a hardware/software information site and you'll be turning it into god knows what. Sooner or later what the site was founded on will be less interesting to the "tech heads" and more open to the "bone heads".

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hey,

I see your points, but I disagree that having something on one part of the forum necessarily takes away from the quality or content on a completely different part of the forum. We have no plans do delete any currently existing categories on the site, these are additions, not subtractions or conglomerations in any way.

Justin

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
I think the general point being made is that BoM are inviting non techies into a tech support forum by having sub forums like "Cars". This will undoubtedly (over time) detract from what should be the main focus of the site.
I can respect that BoM are trying to support its current members by perhaps opening up other avenues of discussion between us but personally i couldnt give a toss on everyone elses political views, or what wheels they got as long as we can still discuss whether overclocking your mouse is going to cause your usb ports to melt.