Hammy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I can't seem to find out how to manage my subscribed NEWSGROUPS, as in the
addresses of the groups are so short I don't know which newsgroup is which
until I actually open one. I would like to manage the dates also, to
eliminate the old newsgroup messages.
Can anyone help?

"Hammy" <BobCat11@Charter.net> wrote in message
> I can't seem to find out how to manage my subscribed NEWSGROUPS, as in
> the
> addresses of the groups are so short I don't know which newsgroup is which
> until I actually open one. I would like to manage the dates also, to
> eliminate the old newsgroup messages.
> Can anyone help?

Click on any newsgroup and then hold down the Control key while you press
the '+' key on the number pad.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Hammy" <BobCat11@Charter.net> wrote in message
>I can't seem to find out how to manage my subscribed NEWSGROUPS, as in the
>addresses of the groups are so short I don't know which newsgroup is which
>until I actually open one. I would like to manage the dates also, to
>eliminate the old newsgroup messages.
> Can anyone help?

Expand the Folders column to see the groups names. Also, when you are in a
group, the name of the group should be shown in the toolbar area at the top.
You need further help, click on Help at the top, then Contents and Index,
the expand the line item "Viewing and Posting to Newgroups".

You could also post queries to the Outlook Express group here:

In news:%236X06QaHFHA.3072@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Hammy <BobCat11@Charter.net> typed:

> I can't seem to find out how to manage my subscribed
> NEWSGROUPS, as
> in the addresses of the groups are so short I don't know which
> newsgroup is which until I actually open one.

You're using Outlook Express? Make the visible names longer by
dragging the divider between the names and the window to their
right.

> I would like to manage
> the dates also, to eliminate the old newsgroup messages.

Sort the messages by date by clicking on the header of the "Sent"
field. then delete all the messages at the beginning (or end) of
the list.

Alternatively do as I do. I have Outlook Express set to "Hide
Read Messages," so once I've read a message I don't see it again.

Please reply to the newsgroup