Windows '98 search for word document

I used Windows '98 for the longest time until the computers at work were
finally upgraded. Now that I have been using XP for a while, I have
forgotten completely how to search for a Word document on a hard drive using
Windows '98. For XP, it's right click on START, left click on Search and
then select the folder I want under Look in:

I am trying to instruct someone else how to do this in '98. Can anyone tell
me what to tell her?

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Rnemtff" <Rnemtff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used Windows '98 for the longest time until the computers at work were
> finally upgraded. Now that I have been using XP for a while, I have
> forgotten completely how to search for a Word document on a hard drive
> using
> Windows '98. For XP, it's right click on START, left click on Search and
> then select the folder I want under Look in:
>
> I am trying to instruct someone else how to do this in '98. Can anyone
> tell
> me what to tell her?

Post here for help:

Rnemtff wrote:
> I used Windows '98 for the longest time until the computers at work were
> finally upgraded. Now that I have been using XP for a while, I have
> forgotten completely how to search for a Word document on a hard drive using
> Windows '98. For XP, it's right click on START, left click on Search and
> then select the folder I want under Look in:
>
> I am trying to instruct someone else how to do this in '98. Can anyone tell
> me what to tell her?
In the dark ages, I think that FIND was used
instead of SEARCH after START.