can't bypass security on drive

> ie help :"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options..."
> ie help :
> ie help :This message appears when a Web page on your computer tries to run a script or ActiveX control. Internet Explorer blocks this activity so that you can see how the Web page functions without the script or ActiveX control; often, you will be able to view or use the Web page without using the active content and potentially encountering a security risk. Because scripts and ActiveX controls are a potential hazard to your computer, you should be certain that you trust the publisher of the script or ActiveX control before you decide to give it access to your computer.
> ie help :
> ie help :If you are certain that you want to allow the page to run scripts and ActiveX controls on your local machine, follow the steps below:
> ie help :
> ie help :Click the Information Bar.
> ie help :Click Allow Blocked Content.
> ie help :Click Related Topics for information about how to decide if you should trust a Web site or publisher.
> ie help :

The above is the info on the subject I'm having trouble getting to work.

What it is, I have a complete web site on my hard drive. I'm trying to run some
mpg, ra, au, wav files , but each link requires me to allow blocked content.

I used the help where it said to allow in the download section. NADA.

Repeated in the active x. NADA.
Even went so far as to set to LOW security. NADA.
I'm not on any sort of net work. Just me, myself, and I on a single machine.

Just a real pain having to allow on every file that I know is clean.

How do I get the helps to do what they say ?
Oh yeah I changed the settings, and quit IE and ran again after changing
settings each time.

I wanted to add file:\\C:\zdir\index.html to the trusted zone, and this went
nowhere also.
It took file://localserv but had no effect.

More about bypass security drive

    This is service pack 2 trying to save your computer from
    disaster, I hope this is of some use, uninstall???.
    Mike

    "Husky" <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote in message
    >> ie help :"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has
    >> restricted this file from showing active content that could access
    >> your computer. Click here for options..."
    >> ie help :
    >> ie help :This message appears when a Web page on your computer tries
    >> to run a script or ActiveX control. Internet Explorer blocks this
    >> activity so that you can see how the Web page functions without the
    >> script or ActiveX control; often, you will be able to view or use the
    >> Web page without using the active content and potentially
    >> encountering a security risk. Because scripts and ActiveX controls
    >> are a potential hazard to your computer, you should be certain that
    >> you trust the publisher of the script or ActiveX control before you
    >> decide to give it access to your computer.
    >> ie help :
    >> ie help :If you are certain that you want to allow the page to run
    >> scripts and ActiveX controls on your local machine, follow the steps
    >> below:
    >> ie help :
    >> ie help :Click the Information Bar.
    >> ie help :Click Allow Blocked Content.
    >> ie help :Click Related Topics for information about how to decide if
    >> you should trust a Web site or publisher.
    >> ie help :
    >
    > The above is the info on the subject I'm having trouble getting to
    > work.
    >
    > What it is, I have a complete web site on my hard drive. I'm trying to
    > run some
    > mpg, ra, au, wav files , but each link requires me to allow blocked
    > content.
    >
    > I used the help where it said to allow in the download section. NADA.
    >
    > Repeated in the active x. NADA.
    > Even went so far as to set to LOW security. NADA.
    > I'm not on any sort of net work. Just me, myself, and I on a single
    > machine.
    >
    > Just a real pain having to allow on every file that I know is clean.
    >
    > How do I get the helps to do what they say ?
    > Oh yeah I changed the settings, and quit IE and ran again after
    > changing
    > settings each time.
    >
    > I wanted to add file:\\C:\zdir\index.html to the trusted zone, and
    > this went
    > nowhere also.
    > It took file://localserv but had no effect.
    >
    > --
    > more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html

    If you were running a local web server, you could use its DHCP-assigned
    IP address to go out and back in to connect to your web server to apply
    the changes in security settings that you have been making in the
    Internet security zone. That security zone is when you are making
    connects external to your host (even if all you do is use the external
    interface of your NIC to connect to a local web server). Those settings
    do NOT apply when you are trying to render a page locally which appears
    to be what you are doing. You need to add the My Computer security zone
    to Internet Options so you can adjust your *local* security settings.

    See Microsoft's KB article #315933 on how to add the My Computer
    security zone to Internet Options. Normally this zone is not displayed.
    Or, like I said, go out and back in through your NIC's external IP
    address to your web server to see that page so then the Internet
    security zone gets applied.

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:57:29 -0800, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote:

    >This is service pack 2 trying to save your computer from
    >disaster, I hope this is of some use, uninstall???.
    >Mike

    You're kidding right ? That'd be like removing the tires from the car because
    they hit a bump every once in awhile.

    This security's fine with me. I know it's configurable, if it weren't I would
    remove it. For normal usage you can't get much better. I'm down to a weekly
    virus scan. I see one in email every once in awhile, but that right there says
    it's working because they're caught and sent off disabled to quarantine.

    It integrates perfectly with all but the most obscure virus software, seldom
    see any popups anymore.

    Why buy the software if you're going to remove it ?

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:18:17 -0600, "Vanguard" <use_ReplyTo@domain.invalid>
    wrote:

    One more worthwhile hint.

    for future ref. Here's the actual link to the article.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315933#kb2

> [...]
    >IP address to go out and back in to connect to your web server to apply
    >the changes in security settings that you have been making in the
    >Internet security zone. That security zone is when you are making
    >connects external to your host (even if all you do is use the external
    >interface of your NIC to connect to a local web server). Those settings
    >do NOT apply when you are trying to render a page locally which appears
    >to be what you are doing. You need to add the My Computer security zone
    >to Internet Options so you can adjust your *local* security settings.
    >
    >See Microsoft's KB article #315933 on how to add the My Computer
    >security zone to Internet Options. Normally this zone is not displayed.
    >Or, like I said, go out and back in through your NIC's external IP
    >address to your web server to see that page so then the Internet

Internet Explorer Security Activex Windows XP