I guess this is an old question, what is faster to transfe..

I guess this is an old question, what is faster to transfer files. From
my computer to a remote hard drive..
USB2 or Fire wire???

Thank you
D.
2 answers Last reply
More about guess question faster transfe

    This is an age-old argument stemming from when firewire was mostly Mac and
    USB was mostly Windows. The truth is you can hardly tell the difference so
    just pick one and move on. I use both types of external drives.

    There is a new kid on the block that beats out both, but I don't like the
    poorly connected cabling. If your pc has an external SATA connector, then
    an external SATA enclosure and drive should blow away both firewire and
    USB2.

    "DPost" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > I guess this is an old question, what is faster to transfer files. From my
    > computer to a remote hard drive..
    > USB2 or Fire wire???
    >
    > Thank you
    > D.

    "DPost" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > I guess this is an old question, what is faster to transfer files. From my
    > computer to a remote hard drive..
    > USB2 or Fire wire???
    >
    > Thank you
    > D.

    Check the graph at
    http://www.macspeedzone.com/archive/5.0/de/gifs/firewirevsscsi.gif.
    It all depends on what you are specifically referring to when you say USB2
    and Firewire.

    george

Computers Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP