I guess this is an old question, what is faster to transfe..

I guess this is an old question, what is faster to transfer files. From
my computer to a remote hard drive..
USB2 or Fire wire???

Thank you
D.

This is an age-old argument stemming from when firewire was mostly Mac and
USB was mostly Windows. The truth is you can hardly tell the difference so
just pick one and move on. I use both types of external drives.

There is a new kid on the block that beats out both, but I don't like the
poorly connected cabling. If your pc has an external SATA connector, then
an external SATA enclosure and drive should blow away both firewire and
USB2.

"DPost" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I guess this is an old question, what is faster to transfer files. From my
> computer to a remote hard drive..
> USB2 or Fire wire???
>
> Thank you
> D.

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"DPost" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I guess this is an old question, what is faster to transfer files. From my
> computer to a remote hard drive..
> USB2 or Fire wire???
>
> Thank you
> D.

Check the graph at
http://www.macspeedzone.com/archive/5.0/de/gifs/firewirevsscsi.gif.
It all depends on what you are specifically referring to when you say USB2
and Firewire.

george