I guess this is an old question, what is faster to transfe..

March 1, 2005 1:03:27 PM

I guess this is an old question, what is faster to transfer files. From
my computer to a remote hard drive..
USB2 or Fire wire???

Thank you
D.
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 1:03:28 PM

This is an age-old argument stemming from when firewire was mostly Mac and
USB was mostly Windows. The truth is you can hardly tell the difference so
just pick one and move on. I use both types of external drives.

There is a new kid on the block that beats out both, but I don't like the
poorly connected cabling. If your pc has an external SATA connector, then
an external SATA enclosure and drive should blow away both firewire and
USB2.

"DPost" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p 5XUd.18630$534.11626@twister.nyc.rr.com...

> I guess this is an old question, what is faster to transfer files. From my
> computer to a remote hard drive..
> USB2 or Fire wire???
>
> Thank you
> D.
March 1, 2005 2:38:46 PM

"DPost" <dpost8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p 5XUd.18630$534.11626@twister.nyc.rr.com...

> I guess this is an old question, what is faster to transfer files. From my
> computer to a remote hard drive..
> USB2 or Fire wire???
>
> Thank you
> D.

Check the graph at
http://www.macspeedzone.com/archive/5.0/de/gifs/firewir....
It all depends on what you are specifically referring to when you say USB2
and Firewire.

george
!