Removing Administrator Security

My Windows Professional requires an administrator password to install
new software/hardware. Can this be removed?

--
laurl4k

Sure...if you're the Administrator.

Modem Ani

"laurl4k" <laurl4k.1l871m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> My Windows Professional requires an administrator password to install
> new software/hardware. Can this be removed?
>

> --
> laurl4k

vanguard

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

"Modem Ani" <notquinoas@notmyrealbox.com> wrote in message
> Sure...if you're the Administrator.
>
> Modem Ani
>
> "laurl4k" <laurl4k.1l871m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
>>
>> My Windows Professional requires an administrator password to install
>> new software/hardware. Can this be removed?

Well, true if he is logging in under an account in the Administrators
group AND logging on locally to use the permissions and policies
enforced for that account. If he is logging onto a domain, his local
ones don't apply anymore (well, they do unless overridden by domain
policies). The IT department probably doesn't want any of the employees
to have admin rights and might also push policies that restrict software
installs, and the OP might not have an local admin account that he knows
the password so he can install the software.