Removing Administrator Security

My Windows Professional requires an administrator password to install
new software/hardware. Can this be removed?

--
laurl4k
2 answers Last reply

    Sure...if you're the Administrator.

    Modem Ani

    "Modem Ani" <notquinoas@notmyrealbox.com> wrote in message
    > Sure...if you're the Administrator.
    >
    > Modem Ani
    >
    > "laurl4k" <laurl4k.1l871m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> My Windows Professional requires an administrator password to install
    >> new software/hardware. Can this be removed?

    Well, true if he is logging in under an account in the Administrators
    group AND logging on locally to use the permissions and policies
    enforced for that account. If he is logging onto a domain, his local
    ones don't apply anymore (well, they do unless overridden by domain
    policies). The IT department probably doesn't want any of the employees
    to have admin rights and might also push policies that restrict software
    installs, and the OP might not have an local admin account that he knows
    the password so he can install the software.

Security Microsoft Software Windows XP