Cool Windows trick!!

minimize everything

now click in the middle of the desktop
where there is no icons or not on an icon

now press ctrl-a and enter at the same time

Is that bill Gates ???

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Mr E wrote:
> minimize everything
>
> now click in the middle of the desktop
> where there is no icons or not on an icon
>
> now press ctrl-a and enter at the same time
>
> Is that bill Gates ???

Wow, that's awesome!!!

Nothing happens i tried in XP,Bye the way what is expected?

"otto" wrote:

> Mr E wrote:
> > minimize everything
> >
> > now click in the middle of the desktop
> > where there is no icons or not on an icon
> >
> > now press ctrl-a and enter at the same time
> >
> > Is that bill Gates ???
>
> Wow, that's awesome!!!

Ctrl A selects everything in the location, in this case the Desktop.
Pressing Enter opens everything on the desktop.

Mr. E and Otto are the same person as the headers show.

Since they think this is "awesome", my guess is these kids have a cluttered
Desktop and fell for this old trick causing numerous Windows to open causing
them frustration as they closed each Window.
Now they want to share their foolishness with everyone else.
Apparently you have a clean Desktop.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Jagjeet" <Jagjeet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Nothing happens i tried in XP,Bye the way what is expected?
>
> "otto" wrote:
>
>> Mr E wrote:
>> > minimize everything
>> >
>> > now click in the middle of the desktop
>> > where there is no icons or not on an icon
>> >
>> > now press ctrl-a and enter at the same time
>> >
>> > Is that bill Gates ???
>>
>> Wow, that's awesome!!!

I fell for it too....and got the message asking if I really want to open
every application on my desktop
peter
"Jagjeet" <Jagjeet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Nothing happens i tried in XP,Bye the way what is expected?
>
> "otto" wrote:
>
>> Mr E wrote:
>> > minimize everything
>> >
>> > now click in the middle of the desktop
>> > where there is no icons or not on an icon
>> >
>> > now press ctrl-a and enter at the same time
>> >
>> > Is that bill Gates ???
>>
>> Wow, that's awesome!!!

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:37:17 -0700, "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net> wrote:

This is for those that haven't learned to NOT follow every link posted on the
web by a stranger.
a variation of the old CTRL-ALT-DEL IQ test.
Figure they'll figure it's ok since you're on your own machine.
Or let you install their virus stuff.