Verizon Detailed Billing Going Away unless you call (end o..

This has already been discussed back in March, but just as an FYI, folks
need to call to keep their detailed paper billing if they want to. Note
that folks will continue to be able to see detailed billing online so some
won't care about this. I prefer paper detailed bills, so I did call.

Verizon Detailed Billing Going Away unless you call: In February Verizon
bill:
"New Streamlined Bill Beginning in March, 2004, your monthly bill will be
shorter, simpler, "Streamlined Bill." This new streamlined bill will result
in a monthly statement that is simpler to understand while using
significantly less paper..." You will continue to be able to view call
detail online, ... "If you prefer to continue receiving call details on your
monthly bill at no charge, please call 1-800-894-3504 by June 30th, 2004.
After June 30th, 2004, you may request Detailed Billing for $1.99 per month
for each wireless phone number." Well, I called and entered both of my
wireless numbers into their automated system because I do like to receive a
detailed bill.

--
Eugene, Oregon -- Pacific Northwest
http://cell.uoregon.edu

I have been paying for detailed billing for 2 years.

"Don R" <drennard@nospamearthlink.net> wrote in message
> I have been paying for detailed billing for 2 years.

That's funny, it was free up until now. You must have been getting ripped!

-Jeff

Not in the Florida region. My Ohio accounts were free, my Florida account
was billed.

"Jeff P." <jeff_phil-NO@SPAM-yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Don R" <drennard@nospamearthlink.net> wrote in message
> > I have been paying for detailed billing for 2 years.
> >

> That's funny, it was free up until now. You must have been getting ripped!
>
> -Jeff

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"Jeff P." <jeff_phil-NO@SPAM-yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Don R" <drennard@nospamearthlink.net> wrote in message
> > I have been paying for detailed billing for 2 years.
> >

> That's funny, it was free up until now. You must have been getting ripped!
>
> -Jeff

It hasn't been free for new accounts in the NE for the past few years. If
you had it on your account already it was free.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

George wrote:

> It hasn't been free for new accounts in the NE for the past few years. If
> you had it on your account already it was free.

Well I have had service with Verizon back to the days when it was known
as Bell Atlantic Mobile (about 9 years).