Query on P4 mobo options?

Montoya

Distinguished
May 3, 2003
I'm Looking for a P4 mid price range mobo board that allows for good overclocking, im not looking to OC the death out of it.
After looking around i was thinking about one of the following: Abit BH7 OR Albatron PX845pev Pro OR ASUS P4PE. However i am concerned about the high bios temp reading people are reporting with the Abit BH7. I also read the the ASUS P4PE wasnt so good for OC'ing. Another question, does DDR400/3200 RAM work in a mobo such as the Albatron PX845pev Pro that only supports DDR333/2700? If so is there any advantage paying the extra money for DDR400/3200?

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

endyen

Splendid
Check out the home page. The Asus board can go all the way to 200 fsb. Seems like an OK ocer to me. As for the ram, it depends on sinc or asinc timing, and how far you want to push the fsb. You should go with the ram at the same speed as the front side bus with that board ( I think ) and if you are only going to push a bit the pc3200 would only be for "future considerations" It you want more bang now for your buck go for lower cas latency

TRENDING THREADS