Question about "My Computer

After a reinstall of XP, the "My Computer" shortcut I made for the desktop
no longer shows the system menu under properties as it did before the
reinstall. When clicked for properties, it simply shows the shortcut menu
and no longer opens the system menu leading to device manager like it did
before.
If I open Windows Explorer and display the desktop, My Computer is there
showing as a program, but it's NOT on the desktop as a program.
How do I put My Computer back on the desktop either as a program or as a
shortcut that will, if I right click properties, display the system menu as
it did before?
Thanks
Dudley
1 answer Last reply
More about question computer

    Never mind! I found it!!
    Thanks for checking my post anyway. :-))
    DH

    "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > After a reinstall of XP, the "My Computer" shortcut I made for the desktop
    > no longer shows the system menu under properties as it did before the
    > reinstall. When clicked for properties, it simply shows the shortcut menu
    > and no longer opens the system menu leading to device manager like it did
    > before.
    > If I open Windows Explorer and display the desktop, My Computer is there
    > showing as a program, but it's NOT on the desktop as a program.
    > How do I put My Computer back on the desktop either as a program or as a
    > shortcut that will, if I right click properties, display the system menu
    > as it did before?
    > Thanks
    > Dudley

Desktops Computers Windows XP