Sign in with
Your question
Closed

What are some good games???

Last response: in Video Games
March 30, 2009 3:54:33 PM

Ive gamed on PC before but its been 5-6 years since i had PC that could play games. I recently bought a new pc and im looking for PC Exclusives that are worth playing.

So what do u think? What are the best PC Exclusives?

More about : good games

March 30, 2009 4:09:48 PM

Tell us about your system mate, and what sort of games you enjoy...also online or single player?
March 30, 2009 4:54:49 PM

im looking for single player games no MMOs because i dont like the idea of paying monthly for a game. And I pretty much like all kinds of games (Shooters, RTSs, RPGs, etc.)as long as they are good.

My system:

AMD PII 940 3.0GHz
8GB DDR2 1066
Integrated Radeon HD 3300 (soon to be Radeon HD 4870 1GB)
19" 1440x900 Res. Monitor
Related resources
March 30, 2009 6:14:41 PM

even though you may not play racing games, i recommend at least trying grid (oh and do you have a 360 wireless controler for pc, though the mouse/kb is the way to go, its nice to lax a lil ways from the pc and use the controller for some games.) Bioshock was a pretty challenging and fun experience. UT3 will run well and is a pc gaming must, but crysis you might have problems with cus the old gen cpu; i enjoyed the first half of the game up until the aliens came, thn it got boring and tedious. you can probably. Hawx is a good pc jet fighting shooter (dont know if your into that). Dead space is one hell of a good, challenging scary ass game. AVOID FEAR 2 if you can. POS unless you never played the previous 3 games in the series... Call of duty series are just about all great. gears of war. mirrors edge was good for a few days (innovative but lacks replayability)
March 30, 2009 6:41:10 PM

Judging by how long you've been away, the Orange box is always a good starting point.

If you want to go more off the beaten track, I'm still playing audiosurf.

Trackmania is a good messing around free racing game.

Tag is a student game. won an indie award though www.thepowerofpaint.com/

Left 4 Dead is more of a multiplayer, but not MMO and not subscription based.

World of Goo is at least worth checking out the demo.
March 30, 2009 8:53:33 PM

silversurfernhs said:
even though you may not play racing games, i recommend at least trying grid (oh and do you have a 360 wireless controler for pc, though the mouse/kb is the way to go, its nice to lax a lil ways from the pc and use the controller for some games.) Bioshock was a pretty challenging and fun experience. UT3 will run well and is a pc gaming must, but crysis you might have problems with cus the old gen cpu; i enjoyed the first half of the game up until the aliens came, thn it got boring and tedious. you can probably. Hawx is a good pc jet fighting shooter (dont know if your into that). Dead space is one hell of a good, challenging scary ass game. AVOID FEAR 2 if you can. POS unless you never played the previous 3 games in the series... Call of duty series are just about all great. gears of war. mirrors edge was good for a few days (innovative but lacks replayability)

U suggested mostly non-exclusive games, i do the majority of gaming on my ps3/xbox360 and i am now looking for games to play that i couldnt have played on a console such as crysis.

and i noticed that u said my cpu is 'old gen'....im pretty sure the AMD Phenom II 940 3.0GHz is the best AMD processor available, so im not exactly sure what you mean there.
March 30, 2009 8:55:51 PM

mi1ez said:
Judging by how long you've been away, the Orange box is always a good starting point.

If you want to go more off the beaten track, I'm still playing audiosurf.

Trackmania is a good messing around free racing game.

Tag is a student game. won an indie award though www.thepowerofpaint.com/

Left 4 Dead is more of a multiplayer, but not MMO and not subscription based.

World of Goo is at least worth checking out the demo.

Thanks for the suggestions, i actually managed to play some half-life 2 and CS:S on my previous laptop but that was pushing it to its limits. As for the rest, ill look into them never really heard of any of those but it cant hurt to check it out.
March 31, 2009 12:31:08 AM

I've played Atlantica online for 2months now.. it's a turn based game with a lot of unique features like:

Free league
Real places
Auto move/Auto battle function
Birthday system
Town System
Mercenaries Systems

and a lot more, I will recommend this game to you...^^ it's my favorite gam as of the moment... It was recommended by my friend also

March 31, 2009 9:45:26 AM

silversurfernhs said:
UT3 will run well and is a pc gaming must

Jeez i hate that game. Strip the soul outta UT04 and market it to the fanboy masses /sadface
In my opinion every game on PC is exclusive, when compared to consoles because of the superior graphics and also because of user mods. That's just me though...i understand what you are asking.

Anyway....heres a blog

Dont totally discount MMO's...most PC Gamers play some form of MMO for a good reason, they are very addictive games!!
Personally I'm a WoW man, but i believe Guild Wars only has a retail fee and no monthly charge. Probably some others im forgetting that use a similar model.
Thats a nice PC btw....bit overkill on the RAM but hey its so cheap these days eh why not splash out :D 
March 31, 2009 10:43:15 AM

my bad, read incorrectly, at a quick glance it looked like you were talking about the 64 series 3ghz. sry; nor used to amd having new stuff out. (its been a while from the amd camp)
March 31, 2009 11:36:25 AM

Well most FPS games are multiplatform these days but your better off playing cross platform FPS’s on the PC rather then a console purely on the basis that the Keyboard & Mouse > Control pad. If you want exclusive FPS’s for the PC I would suggest Crysis and Crysis Warhead, STALKER and STALKER Clear Sky and if you don’t mind something more simulated ARAM Assault might be worth a try. However the best FPS tend to be cross platform games so if you don’t already own them for a console buy the PC version (better controls and cheaper to buy), if you already own it for a console it’s probably not worth buying it again.

If you want RPG’s then you in luck, first and foremost I highly recommend The Withcer Enhanced Edition (don’t bother with the non enhanced edition), well written grown up storyline, good controls, good voice acting and solid gameplay. Diablo 3 should be on your to buy list as well as DarkSeng (SP?).

RTS’s is where the PC rules like a king, Company of Heroes + expansions, Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance (often found in a double pack), Dawn of War and Dawn of War 2, Red Alert 3, Total War (Shogun & Medieval 1 are probably a bit old but everything after Rome is still worth playing) and the recently released Empire Total War. Everyone around here bar myself seems to be pumped for Starcraft 2 so you might want to consider that. Civilisation 4 is highly regarded by reviewers however IMO they must have been paid off because the game didn’t make any sense to me.
March 31, 2009 8:30:24 PM

Kane and lynch, left for dead, grid, gta4, far cry 2, and Crysis are all pretty good games to look into.
Some games are better with a xbox 360 controller, like the other replies said, above me.
July 24, 2009 4:49:24 AM

Calll of Duty WAW, Far Cry 2, Crysis Warhead, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
July 24, 2009 2:13:14 PM

I would recommend Team Fortress 2, i know it is not PC Exclusive but it has a much larger fanbase on pc than it does on consoles. And also FPS's are much better with a keyboard and mouse, but that's been stated before.

As far as exclusives go, def Crysis. You should be able to run it on high settings with no AA and 40+ fps with a 4870.

As for RTS', they are only pc exclusive in my opinion. There is no way they can be controlled well with a controller other than a keyboard and mouse.

I recommend Red Alert 3 for just craziness, and I hear Supreme Commander is great. Also the classics like Warcraft 3, Starcraft, and Age of Empires.

I'd hold out on Starcraft 2 until they put LAN back in.
July 24, 2009 8:40:44 PM

go for l4d for fps. for strategy games warcraft, c&c are good games. for mmo. that really depends on your preferences. right now im playing rohan, atlantica and cabal
July 28, 2009 6:44:44 PM

Defense of the Ancients (Dota) for warcraft 3 is a great game. One of the most played custom games out there. Command and Conquer series are good. L4D (I know it isn't an exclusive title but is great for the PC).

Plants VS Zombies (Simply amazing...try the demo on steam)
World of Goo
July 28, 2009 11:18:52 PM

Zeno Clash, America's Army 3
October 20, 2009 10:55:31 PM

To update this a bit, League of Legends is an amazing free to play DotA clone. The people who made DotA made this game. It is amazing. Also look into Dragon Age when it comes out. If you played Baldur's Gate then you're probably gonna love this game. It is coming out for consoles but this game is made for the Pc
October 22, 2009 7:48:12 AM

I am really very impressed by this post. Your blog is very informative, this is completely mind-blowing.
October 27, 2009 2:03:11 AM

lasoski311 said:
Ive gamed on PC before but its been 5-6 years since i had PC that could play games. I recently bought a new pc and im looking for PC Exclusives that are worth playing.

So what do u think? What are the best PC Exclusives?

Well, I personally like RPG games with a great gameplay above all other things, graphics ...story....it can even be a 2D game as long as I can have fun with it.

Ive been searching for some time now and I did found a couple of games that I really enjoy, I even bought their full versions to kill some time, they were pretty cheap so Ive purchased them. (2 games for less than 10 USD LOL)

the games are Soul Knights RPG (http://www.soulknightsrpg.com) and Buffz RPG (http://www.buffzrpg.com)

both from Lizard -2D Entertainment- (http://www.lizard2dentertainment.com)

hope you like em =p

cyaz
Anonymous
October 27, 2009 4:40:51 AM

In my honest oppinion i suggest games by bethesda Such as Elder scrolls and Fall out 3 great games there great PC they are console game though but the thing is when you play them on PC you get one hell of an edge Mods and also the ablity to personally mod the game yourself if your good at modding its fun i made a sword that could kill anything it touchs LMAO or the Console menu where you just type on a person and press kill and they drop dead and you can take there stuff.
October 22, 2011 12:12:06 PM

battle......battle......

battlefield...........3
October 22, 2011 5:49:42 PM

ahhh, a 2 yr old thread brought back by spam, and then commented on by a forum member.
October 22, 2011 6:40:16 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!