undervolt threshold

I have a tyan tiger mp with dual 1800amd's and and enermax 400w power supply. The tyan comes with a software monitoring package. I am receiving a notification that "the -12v is under the low threshold" warning. The threshold is -13v and the reading is -13.75. The 5 volt is barely over the low threshold of 4.7 at 4.734. There do not seem to be any operational issues, but can anyone tell me if i am looking at a long term problem and if so any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about undervolt threshold
  1. I've got the same board (Tiger MP w/dual XP1700+) and my voltage indicates similar to yours. I'm reading -12.9 and +4.7 volts. I run this rig 24/7 and it never hiccups. Not a problem! There should be a threshold setting (in BIOS?) to disable that warning message you're getting.

Scout
    700 Mflops in SETI!
  2. For proper operation and to prevent things from going up in smoke, you should try to keep your voltages within plus or minus 5% of the ideals...

It may be that the motherboard sensors are a bit inaccurate, but if you have warnings going off that should be a signal to get someone in there with an accurate Voltmeter to make sure things are OK.

The alternative could be damaged parts.

---><font color=green>It ain't better if it don't work</font color=green><---
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Tyan Power Supplies