Sign in with
Your question

undervolt threshold

Last response: in Motherboards
May 3, 2003 12:17:29 PM

I have a tyan tiger mp with dual 1800amd's and and enermax 400w power supply. The tyan comes with a software monitoring package. I am receiving a notification that "the -12v is under the low threshold" warning. The threshold is -13v and the reading is -13.75. The 5 volt is barely over the low threshold of 4.7 at 4.734. There do not seem to be any operational issues, but can anyone tell me if i am looking at a long term problem and if so any suggestions?

More about : undervolt threshold

May 3, 2003 2:31:50 PM

I've got the same board (Tiger MP w/dual XP1700+) and my voltage indicates similar to yours. I'm reading -12.9 and +4.7 volts. I run this rig 24/7 and it never hiccups. Not a problem! There should be a threshold setting (in BIOS?) to disable that warning message you're getting.

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!
May 3, 2003 7:51:09 PM

For proper operation and to prevent things from going up in smoke, you should try to keep your voltages within plus or minus 5% of the ideals...

It may be that the motherboard sensors are a bit inaccurate, but if you have warnings going off that should be a signal to get someone in there with an accurate Voltmeter to make sure things are OK.

The alternative could be damaged parts.

---><font color=green>It ain't better if it don't work</font color=green><---
!