Team Spooky Vixen Bongo Shythed - Hell Beckons, I Guess

Last week Bongo laid down a request that we enter the non-Peraly gates
of Hell.

Well I'd say my Ranger is ready. His resists are almost maxed and with
a little manipulation of charms, gear and runes in his helm he should
have no trouble.

Now this is the guy that I did not expect to last thru NM. Jabber said
this guy will rock. Well he hasn't rocked as far as I'm concerned but
somehow he has survived.

His merc has a Bonehew and Guillaume's helm so of course that helps.
His damage lists at 1000 - 4000 without a Chant and the crushing blow
of course is nice.

Hopefully despite forsaking Oak sage for Heart of the Wolverine,
hopefully , just hopefully I can keep this guy alive in a nice party.

My goal is to also get him a Harmony Bow so that he can raise more
minions during times of stress. I have the bow, but of course that KO
rune is elusive. And for some reason I seem to have better luck finding
SHAELs than SOLs.

I will let you all know what nights I can play n Hell with this guy.

Right now Mon, Tues, Thurs and Sat and Sun. I umpire on Wed and Fri so
I start later. Hopefully I can play without being pressed by Nik to
constantly help him with the PS2 games. And we don't have to play in
Hell continuously every night. i find that breaks, at this stage, are
nice. Hell seems to be, well, kinda like Hell I guess.

About 7:30 during the week. Sometimes earlier on the weekend.

So does Bongo get his wish? Considering Bongo made this wish and then I
find a LUM and a 2 socket light elite armor, it is possible that
Kaytie's luck has spread out so that it covers not only drops but
wishes.

Hardcore Mantra:

Live Forever or Die Trying

Orion Ryder

Ruben-P wrote:
> [...]
> > a little manipulation of charms, gear and runes in his helm he
should
> > have no trouble.
> >
> [Snip]
> > I will let you all know what nights I can play n Hell with this
guy.

> > Right now Mon, Tues, Thurs and Sat and Sun. I umpire on Wed and Fri
so
> > I start later. Hopefully I can play without being pressed by Nik to
> > constantly help him with the PS2 games. And we don't have to play
in
> > Hell continuously every night. i find that breaks, at this stage,
are
> > nice. Hell seems to be, well, kinda like Hell I guess.
> >
> > About 7:30 during the week. Sometimes earlier on the weekend.
> >
> > So does Bongo get his wish? Considering Bongo made this wish and
then I
> > find a LUM and a 2 socket light elite armor, it is possible that
> > Kaytie's luck has spread out so that it covers not only drops but
> > wishes.
>
> Well, this could be a problem.
>
> First, I do have several characters ready to enter hell. My summons
> necromancer, my orb/meteor sorceress, and my trap/blade fury assassin
are
> all ready to enter, with maxed, or near maxed resistances. My
enchantress
> and BO barbarian want to tag along for the ride (Barbarian would like
skill
> quests, but other than that, both only need end act quests to move
on). I
> also have an hell virgin opener/mule created for future use. So, I'm
ready
> to do a reconnaissance in force :)
>
> I had to strip most of my MF gear from my characters to get the
resistances
> up, but as I find better gear in Hell, I hope to be able to correct
that, at
> least on the necromancer, and to a lessor extent, on the sorceress (I
think
> they each still have around one hundred MF in hell combat gear). My
trap/BF
> assassin needs all her combat gear to function, so has zero, or near
zero
> MF. She's not the fastest killer around either (crowds are much
easier for
> her than single tough monsters), but she's sure fun to play.
>
> Cinna (Vixon) has a summoning/poison necromancer and a shockwave bear
(with
> nearly maxed Oak Sage, both with maxed, or near maxed resists.
>
> The problem is scheduling. Tonight (Tuesday) is good for me, as is
> Wednesday and Thursday of this week. From Friday on, until two weeks
from
> today, Cinna and I will be out of town, wandering around the country
on a
> motorcycle vacation. We do this at least once a year, and it's
REALLY good
> for the soul. I'll miss the b'net play with my friends during that
time,
> but we've been looking forward to this vacation for a year now. I
rode into
> the teeth of two of the four hurricanes that hit Florida last year,
so I'm
> going a little earlier this year. (Riding in the rain is fine, but
drenching
> rain with winds approaching 100 MPH sux big time! [Grin] )
>
> After I get back, I have another conflict the weekend of June 10-12,
but
> other than that, I'm ready to play. :)
>
> So, lets see, if we start with one of the chanters and a BO barb, and
Orion,
> Bongo, Cinna, and Ruben each bring in a play character, can we pull
two more
> dead weight characters for a full game, or maybe we can get lucky and
Misfit
> and Shady could join us?
>
> So many monsters to kill, so little time LOL
>
> Ruben

Oh yes! Tonight does sound good. Hope that Bongo can be available.

Now hopefully Nik will not be bothering me to stop and play the PS2 and
help his SpongeBobSquarepants progress or Kya (another game)

Tomorrow I can also go but will be a little later. Umpiring at 6:00 PM,
but can make it about 8:30 at the latest. Thursday - hey that sounds
great.

If Bongo shows up then you got yourself a deal as we will have a kick
ass team.

I got the Ranger to play. But for the Den quest I am gonna bring in my
chanter just for the skill point then return my Ranger. I'll quest the
Ranger on my own for the Den. The Ranger has almost max resists and
with a little rearranging he will be maxed.

You just make sure you have a good time during your trip. We'll hook up
when you get back. I take it that with summer coming we'll have all
sorts of scheduling problems but we'll keep each other posted and use
email as well.

If we are able to all hook up, we can probably make it through act 1,
and maybe some of act 2.

Bongo and I have WPs with other chars so we can decide if we want to
scorch or twink some WPs as we move along. A nice goal would be in
addition to the questing that we lavel at least 5 times through
Thursday, maybe even 6. Leveling tends to come fast with a lot of
characters in the game.

You are going to love it. Excitement waiting just around every corner.

Hardcore Mantra:

Live Forever or Die Trying

Orion Ryder

Mark wrote:
> "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Last week Bongo laid down a request that we enter the non-Peraly
gates
> > of Hell.
> >
> > Well I'd say my Ranger is ready. His resists are almost maxed and
with
> > a little manipulation of charms, gear and runes in his helm he
should
> > have no trouble.
>
> If you need any gear, let me know. For some reason I'm still weak in
the
> charm department, but otherwise I should be able to help you out with
the
> other slots.

I do think I am set for gear. I just have to juggle. I mean I think
this idiot is still wearing Sigon's belt (20% FR) and I should change
that for something better, and now I have to look in a few mules to see
if I have something better, which I swear I do.

I mean come on Sigon's, getting ready for Hell, sheesh what am I
thinking?

> > Hopefully despite forsaking Oak sage for Heart of the Wolverine,
> > hopefully , just hopefully I can keep this guy alive in a nice
party.

> Don't worry about it. I've been saving my Wolf for our forray into
Hell, and
> he's got maxed OS.

I always love that OS.

> > My goal is to also get him a Harmony Bow so that he can raise more
> > minions during times of stress. I have the bow, but of course that
KO
> > rune is elusive. And for some reason I seem to have better luck
finding
> > SHAELs than SOLs.
>
> Cinna will probably be playing her Bear, so with 3 Druids a shortage
of
> minions should not be a problem.

3 Druids and a, . . . Rube? What sounds a good here? I like that sorc
of yorus but that is just my vote.

> And we found a Demon Machine last night while doing some Baal runs to
get
> ready. If you ask real nice I'm sure whoever picked it up will let
you have
> it. Because we did the old 'no you take it', 'no you take it', 'no
YOU take
> it' routine.

Alright so who the hell is goona use it is what I want to know?
Probably need the right combo of Str and Dex to use that thing. Let's
see str = 80 dex = 95. I might have that if not I am close.

Is that the very fast attack one that shoots like a slow machine gun?
Well advise me here, what would be better, the Kuko that I have been
walking around with for over a month or the Demon machine? Noth do
explosive shots, lev 7 vs lev 6. Looks like the Demon Machine has 2/3
pierce and that is always nice. And the damage does look better with a
Might merc and Heart of the Wolverine. Looks like the Machine should be
the winner.

I vote for whatever will help the cause more during our trek in Hell.

If it is the Machine then "Welcome to the Machine"

Orion Ryder

> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Last week Bongo laid down a request that we enter the non-Peraly gates
> of Hell.
>
> Well I'd say my Ranger is ready. His resists are almost maxed and with
> a little manipulation of charms, gear and runes in his helm he should
> have no trouble.

[Snip]
> [...]

motorcycle vacation. We do this at least once a year, and it's REALLY good
for the soul. I'll miss the b'net play with my friends during that time,
but we've been looking forward to this vacation for a year now. I rode into
the teeth of two of the four hurricanes that hit Florida last year, so I'm
going a little earlier this year. (Riding in the rain is fine, but drenching
rain with winds approaching 100 MPH sux big time! [Grin] )

After I get back, I have another conflict the weekend of June 10-12, but
other than that, I'm ready to play. :)

So, lets see, if we start with one of the chanters and a BO barb, and Orion,
Bongo, Cinna, and Ruben each bring in a play character, can we pull two more
dead weight characters for a full game, or maybe we can get lucky and Misfit
and Shady could join us?

So many monsters to kill, so little time LOL

mark

"Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> First, I do have several characters ready to enter hell. My summons
> necromancer, my orb/meteor sorceress, and my trap/blade fury assassin are
> all ready to enter, with maxed, or near maxed resistances.

Play whichever one you enjoy most. I've got my Wolf who will tank, provide
extra life and minions for distraction. Hopefully make it safer for everyone
else.

> I had to strip most of my MF gear from my characters to get the
> resistances up, but as I find better gear in Hell, I hope to be able to
> correct that, at least on the necromancer, and to a lessor extent, on the
> sorceress (I think they each still have around one hundred MF in hell
> combat gear).

Worry about survival; resists and life. MF is gravy.

> My trap/BF
> assassin needs all her combat gear to function, so has zero, or near zero
> MF. She's not the fastest killer around either (crowds are much easier
> for her than single tough monsters), but she's sure fun to play.

Did you load her up on the CB gear? That should help a lot. And you'll be in
a party, so individual killing speed doesn't really matter. MB and DS will
make up for a lot, even though your BF is slow.

> Cinna (Vixon) has a summoning/poison necromancer and a shockwave bear
> (with nearly maxed Oak Sage, both with maxed, or near maxed resists.

Again, she should play whichever one she enjoys most. Though the Bear will
undoubtedly be more durable. So that could be more fun. Dead /= Fun.

> The problem is scheduling.

We'll play when we can. Then you folks enjoy your vacation and we'll pick it
back up when you get back.

> ... or maybe we can get lucky and Misfit and Shady could join us?

Now that would be great. Or maybe we could talk Roy into a game. Anyone else
here looking for a Hell HC game?

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

mark

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
> Ruben-P wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> I had to strip most of my MF gear from my characters to get the
>> resistances up, but as I find better gear in Hell, I hope to be able
>> to correct that, at least on the necromancer, and to a lessor extent,
>> on the sorceress (I think they each still have around one hundred MF
>> in hell combat gear). My trap/BF assassin needs all her combat gear
>> to function, so has zero, or near zero MF. She's not the fastest
>> killer around either (crowds are much easier for her than single
>> tough monsters), but she's sure fun to play.
>
> I don't know if this is any good to you:
>
> http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1116345716.jpg
>
> I've been carrying it for a while, might have to dump it on one of the
> pubby
> mules.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> ~misfit~

OOOHH, that looks awesome! :)

I don't know what she's currently wearing for a helm, but it's not in the
same league with that! [Grin]

My trap/BF 'sin was doing pretty good in nightmare, but when I rearranged
her equipment in favor of resists in preparation for hell, her killing speed
slowed noticeably. Plus to skills seem to make a big difference to traps,
but I'm so addicted to her "Burst of Speed" skill that I can't get myself to
rely on fade for resistances. :)

Ruben

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Last week Bongo laid down a request that we enter the non-Peraly gates
>> of Hell.
>>
>> Well I'd say my Ranger is ready. His resists are almost maxed and with
>> a little manipulation of charms, gear and runes in his helm he should
>> have no trouble.
>
> If you need any gear, let me know. For some reason I'm still weak in the
> charm department, but otherwise I should be able to help you out with the
> other slots.
>
>> Hopefully despite forsaking Oak sage for Heart of the Wolverine,
>> hopefully , just hopefully I can keep this guy alive in a nice party.
>
> Don't worry about it. I've been saving my Wolf for our forray into Hell,
> and he's got maxed OS.
>
>> My goal is to also get him a Harmony Bow so that he can raise more
>> minions during times of stress. I have the bow, but of course that KO
>> rune is elusive. And for some reason I seem to have better luck finding
>> SHAELs than SOLs.
>
> Cinna will probably be playing her Bear, so with 3 Druids a shortage of
> minions should not be a problem.
>
> And we found a Demon Machine last night while doing some Baal runs to get
> ready. If you ask real nice I'm sure whoever picked it up will let you
> have it. Because we did the old 'no you take it', 'no you take it', 'no
> YOU take it' routine.

LOL, yup, that sounds about right. I "think" that Cinna has it. She likes
pretty trinkets :)

With enchant, that bow should rock! We'll see if we can't sweet talk it out
of her tonight :)

> "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> First, I do have several characters ready to enter hell. My summons
>> necromancer, my orb/meteor sorceress, and my trap/blade fury assassin are
>> all ready to enter, with maxed, or near maxed resistances.
>
> Play whichever one you enjoy most. I've got my Wolf who will tank, provide
> extra life and minions for distraction. Hopefully make it safer for
> everyone else.

If we don't need the killing power, I'll probably play my trapper. She's a
barrel of fun, probably because I've never played one before. I'm pretty
sure that my sorceress or my necromancer could survive early hell solo, if
necessary, but I think the trapper will NEED some friends. Being surrounded
by animal friends is a GOOD thing :)

>> I had to strip most of my MF gear from my characters to get the
>> resistances up, but as I find better gear in Hell, I hope to be able to
>> correct that, at least on the necromancer, and to a lessor extent, on the
>> sorceress (I think they each still have around one hundred MF in hell
>> combat gear).
>
> Worry about survival; resists and life. MF is gravy.

You speaketh the truth, my friend!

> > My trap/BF
>> assassin needs all her combat gear to function, so has zero, or near zero
>> MF. She's not the fastest killer around either (crowds are much easier
>> for her than single tough monsters), but she's sure fun to play.
>
> Did you load her up on the CB gear? That should help a lot. And you'll be
> in a party, so individual killing speed doesn't really matter. MB and DS
> will make up for a lot, even though your BF is slow.

She has CB boots, but most everything else is either plus skill or resist
gear. For a weapon, she's using the Bartoc's claw you gave me.

>> Cinna (Vixon) has a summoning/poison necromancer and a shockwave bear
>> (with nearly maxed Oak Sage, both with maxed, or near maxed resists.
>
> Again, she should play whichever one she enjoys most. Though the Bear will
> undoubtedly be more durable. So that could be more fun. Dead /= Fun.
>
>> The problem is scheduling.
>
> We'll play when we can. Then you folks enjoy your vacation and we'll pick
> it back up when you get back.

Cool. Sounds good.

>> ... or maybe we can get lucky and Misfit and Shady could join us?
>
> Now that would be great. Or maybe we could talk Roy into a game. Anyone
> else here looking for a Hell HC game?

Good idea. As usual, I have tunnel vision, wasn't considering how many
other great players frequent this group. Maybe if we shook the tree hard
enough, we could fill SEVERAL games with AGD HC players?!

How about it folks? Speak up, don't be bashful. Even if you don't have a
hell capable HC character, if you really want to try HC, this group can help
get you started much quicker than you'd think.

Ruben
US-West Hardcore Ladder
*Spook-HCA
*Spook-HCB
*Spook-HCC
*Spook-HCD

> Mark wrote:
>> "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Last week Bongo laid down a request that we enter the non-Peraly
> gates
>> > of Hell.
>> >
>> > Well I'd say my Ranger is ready. His resists are almost maxed and
> with
>> > a little manipulation of charms, gear and runes in his helm he
> should
>> > have no trouble.
>>
>> If you need any gear, let me know. For some reason I'm still weak in
> the
>> charm department, but otherwise I should be able to help you out with
> the
>> other slots.
>
> I do think I am set for gear. I just have to juggle. I mean I think
> this idiot is still wearing Sigon's belt (20% FR) and I should change
> that for something better, and now I have to look in a few mules to see
> if I have something better, which I swear I do.
>
> I mean come on Sigon's, getting ready for Hell, sheesh what am I
> thinking?
>
>> > Hopefully despite forsaking Oak sage for Heart of the Wolverine,
>> > hopefully , just hopefully I can keep this guy alive in a nice
> party.
>>
>> Don't worry about it. I've been saving my Wolf for our forray into
> Hell, and
>> he's got maxed OS.
>
> I always love that OS.
>
>> > My goal is to also get him a Harmony Bow so that he can raise more
>> > minions during times of stress. I have the bow, but of course that
> KO
>> > rune is elusive. And for some reason I seem to have better luck
> finding
>> > SHAELs than SOLs.
>>
>> Cinna will probably be playing her Bear, so with 3 Druids a shortage
> of
>> minions should not be a problem.
>
> 3 Druids and a, . . . Rube? What sounds a good here? I like that sorc
> of yorus but that is just my vote.
>
>> And we found a Demon Machine last night while doing some Baal runs to
> get
>> ready. If you ask real nice I'm sure whoever picked it up will let
> you have
>> it. Because we did the old 'no you take it', 'no you take it', 'no
> YOU take
>> it' routine.
>
> Alright so who the hell is goona use it is what I want to know?
> Probably need the right combo of Str and Dex to use that thing. Let's
> see str = 80 dex = 95. I might have that if not I am close.
>
> Is that the very fast attack one that shoots like a slow machine gun?

Yes, that's the one. VERY fast, for a crossbow. With fanta, and/or some
faster attack equipment, you should be able to go through a stack of bolts
in just a couple of minutes. At one time a had a zon using one, that had to
carry four extra sets of bolt with her to clear the cow level solo (eight
player game), and they'd only last a few minutes, although all the cows
would be dead when she was done. Combine that speed with enchant, and you
have a potent weapon indeed. :)

> Well advise me here, what would be better, the Kuko that I have been
> walking around with for over a month or the Demon machine? Noth do
> explosive shots, lev 7 vs lev 6. Looks like the Demon Machine has 2/3
> pierce and that is always nice. And the damage does look better with a
> Might merc and Heart of the Wolverine. Looks like the Machine should be
> the winner.
>
> I vote for whatever will help the cause more during our trek in Hell.
>
> If it is the Machine then "Welcome to the Machine"

Try them both, use whichever one trips your trigger [Grin]

Ruben

> How about it folks? Speak up, don't be bashful. Even if you don't
> have a hell capable HC character, if you really want to try HC, this
> group can help get you started much quicker than you'd think.

Ahhh, what the hell. (pun not intentional). Might as well give it a shot.
Only ever played SC, and not a whole lot of that either. Am not on very
much due to 10 week old daughter, but will attempt to make an appearance.

--
Marcel
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

mark

"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I do think I am set for gear. I just have to juggle. I mean I think
> this idiot is still wearing Sigon's belt (20% FR) and I should change
> that for something better, and now I have to look in a few mules to see
> if I have something better, which I swear I do.

Well let me know if you need anything. I did a rune rush today [Gul, ;-)]
and picked up another T-gods along the way. So if you're lacking in the belt
department (or anywhere else) let me know.

> I mean come on Sigon's, getting ready for Hell, sheesh what am I
> thinking?

Hey, knock off that talk or you'll have me trying to build a Sigons Guardian
again.

> Alright so who the hell is goona use it is what I want to know?

Hello, Mr. Obvious.

> Probably need the right combo of Str and Dex to use that thing. Let's
> see str = 80 dex = 95. I might have that if not I am close.
>
> Is that the very fast attack one that shoots like a slow machine gun?

High coolness factor on a DM.

> Well advise me here, what would be better, the Kuko that I have been
> walking around with for over a month or the Demon machine? Noth do
> explosive shots, lev 7 vs lev 6. Looks like the Demon Machine has 2/3
> pierce and that is always nice. And the damage does look better with a
> Might merc and Heart of the Wolverine. Looks like the Machine should be
> the winner.

IMO, no question, DM. If for no other reason than it looks so good.
Kuko: L7 EA, 50% pierce, 15 frames base speed, 48.5-54.5 avg damage (+110
fire).
DM: L6 EA, 66% pierce, 12 frames base speed, 84 avg damage.

> If it is the Machine then "Welcome to the Machine"

"Welcome my friend, welcome to the machine ..."

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

mark

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message

> I don't know if this is any good to you:

Nice hat, and if you get 2 sockets in it, it's awesome. If Ruben doesn't
want it, I'll take it.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

mark

"Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote in message

> Ahhh, what the hell. (pun not intentional). Might as well give it a shot.
> Only ever played SC, and not a whole lot of that either. Am not on very
> much due to 10 week old daughter, but will attempt to make an appearance.

Welcome Marcel. We're all US east coast folks, and we generally play in the
evenings, maybe 7-10ish (B-net time -4 hours). Check for us in one of the
AHD HC games (agdhc, agdhcnm, agdhchell). Else, look for me on one of my
play accounts (*Bongo-Fury2 & *Bongo-Fury5).

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

mark

"Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> She has CB boots, but most everything else is either plus skill or resist
> gear. For a weapon, she's using the Bartoc's claw you gave me.

Is she claw/claw or claw/shield? I'd recommend weapon/shield for BF with as
much CB as you can get (Black RW[?], Crushflange, etc.), then claw/claw on
switch for traps. You can easily get (2) +2 claws (I have several, in
addition to another Bartuc's) and that will help out the traps a good deal.

Also, you mention elsewhere using Burst of Speed. I'm not sure, but I think
BoS has no effect on BF (can someone confirm/correct this?) I was always
partial to Fade with a Trapper since it gave you much more flexibility with
your gear,

> How about it folks? Speak up, don't be bashful. Even if you don't have a
> hell capable HC character, if you really want to try HC, this group can
> help get you started much quicker than you'd think.

I'll second that. We can get a Chant/rush game going and get someone through
Normal and leveled for NM in a good night's play. I can come up with enough
gear for you, so we could easily get a new HC player playing in NM without
much effort. Unless you want to actually play Normal. In which case we can
probably accommodate that too.

Star Wars III is coming this week, so keeping with that theme, if anyone
wants to come over to the Dark Side, now is as good a time as any.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

> Welcome Marcel. We're all US east coast folks, and we generally play
> in the evenings, maybe 7-10ish (B-net time -4 hours). Check for us in
> one of the AHD HC games (agdhc, agdhcnm, agdhchell). Else, look for me
> on one of my play accounts (*Bongo-Fury2 & *Bongo-Fury5).

Well, just made my first ever HC charatcter and my first ever paladin -
Holy_Mars. Let's give this a shot...

--
Marcel and Moogli

Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@Sympatic.INVALID.ca> wrote in

> "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in
>
>> Welcome Marcel. We're all US east coast folks, and we generally play
>> in the evenings, maybe 7-10ish (B-net time -4 hours). Check for us in
>> one of the AHD HC games (agdhc, agdhcnm, agdhchell). Else, look for me
>> on one of my play accounts (*Bongo-Fury2 & *Bongo-Fury5).
>
> Well, just made my first ever HC charatcter and my first ever paladin -
> Holy_Mars. Let's give this a shot...

Ignore that, just realized that I have to finish normal first before I get
access to hardcore. Sigh...

--
Marcel and Moogli

mark

"Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeauINVALID@Sympatic.INVALID.ca> wrote in message

> Ignore that, just realized that I have to finish normal first before I get
> access to hardcore. Sigh...

I can send you a SP HC character and if you put it into your D2/save folder,
then start the game and open the character that should fix it. If I take the
INVALID out of the above address will that be a good address?

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

> I can send you a SP HC character and if you put it into your D2/save
> folder, then start the game and open the character that should fix it.
> If I take the INVALID out of the above address will that be a good
> address?

yeah, but it should be sympatico, not sympatic...

Thanks!!

--
Marcel and Moogli

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in news:d6fkas.3eo.1
@fairground.synaptic.net.nz:

> Maybe you should clarify that while you're east coast folks, you play on
> west coast server. :)
> --

That would help...

--
Marcel
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

> Mark wrote:
>> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I don't know if this is any good to you:
>>
>> Nice hat, and if you get 2 sockets in it, it's awesome. If Ruben
>> doesn't want it, I'll take it.
>
> Talk to Ruben, I think he wants it though. I've put it on mule 5.
> --
> ~misfit~

If you're in the mood to give it away, please give it to Bongo. I have a
very satisfactory helm for now. I completely re-equipped my trap/BF 'sin
last night before the HC-Hell game, and now have all resists maxed, with a
little over 1,000 life, good life and mana leech, and some crushing blow. I
have zero MF, and only plus two to all skills added to plus four trap
skills, but she's fairly bullet proof, and kills reasonably well.

Thanks for the offer though :)

Ruben

> Ruben-P wrote:
>> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
>>> Ruben-P wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> I don't know if this is any good to you:
>>>
>>> http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1116345716.jpg
>>>
>>> I've been carrying it for a while, might have to dump it on one of
>>> the pubby
>>> mules.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> --
>>> ~misfit~
>>
>> OOOHH, that looks awesome! :)
>>
>> I don't know what she's currently wearing for a helm, but it's not in
>> the same league with that! [Grin]
>>
>> My trap/BF 'sin was doing pretty good in nightmare, but when I
>> rearranged her equipment in favor of resists in preparation for hell,
>> her killing speed slowed noticeably. Plus to skills seem to make a
>> big difference to traps, but I'm so addicted to her "Burst of Speed"
>> skill that I can't get myself to rely on fade for resistances. :)
>
> I'll put it on mule 5, grab it when you want it. I think I have a traps
> ammy
> too, if I have I'll put that there as well.
> --
> ~misfit~

Very generous of you to offer, but I'd sooner Bongo take the helm if he
wants it. My trapper had a plus three to traps amulet. Although it doesn't
have any other things going for it, it seems to be working quite well. So,
thanks, but save the amulet for a future build of yours :)

Thank you for the kind offer though.

> "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> She has CB boots, but most everything else is either plus skill or resist
>> gear. For a weapon, she's using the Bartoc's claw you gave me.
>
> Is she claw/claw or claw/shield? I'd recommend weapon/shield for BF with
> as much CB as you can get (Black RW[?], Crushflange, etc.), then claw/claw
> on switch for traps. You can easily get (2) +2 claws (I have several, in
> addition to another Bartuc's) and that will help out the traps a good
> deal.

She uses claw shield. Bartuc's (socketed with +13 max damage jewel, the
best I had), and a Moser's shield with two perfect diamonds (resist all 63).
Her armor is the Smoke armor (resist all 50) that you gave me, so it was
easy to get her resists up, once I changed from Vipermage.

> Also, you mention elsewhere using Burst of Speed. I'm not sure, but I
> think BoS has no effect on BF (can someone confirm/correct this?) I was
> always partial to Fade with a Trapper since it gave you much more
> flexibility with your gear,

You're right BoS has no effect on BF, or trap casting speed. I use it to be
able to quickly relocate myself, run just past the monsters in many cases,
then slip back around them, forcing my merc to engage. A few times in
nightmare I engaged in herding like we used to do with cows. A tight group
of monsters is easy prey for my D/S traps. Once a couple of corpses
explode, the rest almost instantly die.

It wasn't necessary to engage in such foolishness last night in our hell
game, as the group was killing so fast that she just went along for the
ride. [Grin]

>> How about it folks? Speak up, don't be bashful. Even if you don't have
>> a hell capable HC character, if you really want to try HC, this group can
>> help get you started much quicker than you'd think.
>
> I'll second that. We can get a Chant/rush game going and get someone
> through Normal and leveled for NM in a good night's play. I can come up
> with enough gear for you, so we could easily get a new HC player playing
> in NM without much effort. Unless you want to actually play Normal. In
> which case we can probably accommodate that too.

Count me in to help :)

> Star Wars III is coming this week, so keeping with that theme, if anyone
> wants to come over to the Dark Side, now is as good a time as any.

Good one! Don't underestimate the power of the dark side. :)

> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

"Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeauINVALID@Sympatic.INVALID.ca> wrote in message
> Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@Sympatic.INVALID.ca> wrote in
>
>> "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in
>>
>>> Welcome Marcel. We're all US east coast folks, and we generally play
>>> in the evenings, maybe 7-10ish (B-net time -4 hours). Check for us in
>>> one of the AHD HC games (agdhc, agdhcnm, agdhchell). Else, look for me
>>> on one of my play accounts (*Bongo-Fury2 & *Bongo-Fury5).
>>
>> Well, just made my first ever HC charatcter and my first ever paladin -
>> Holy_Mars. Let's give this a shot...
>
> Ignore that, just realized that I have to finish normal first before I get
> access to hardcore. Sigh...
> --
> Marcel and Moogli

Actually, you don't.

If you have no account on US-West that has a character on it that has killed
normal Baal, one of us can make an account for you, with a temporary
password, create a hardcore character for you, and then log off.

You then log onto the account, change the password, and create whatever
hardcore character that you want, and delete the dummy one. Instant
hardcore account. Once you've logged onto that account, you can log back
off and create as many hardcore accounts and hardcore characters as you
want.

I'm sure any of us would be willing to do that for you, all you would need
to do is to let us know what you wanted the account name to be. We should
share the temporary password and account information via e-mail, to avoid
griefers. Just remove the capitol letters from my anti-spam e-mail account,
and I'd be happy to do that for you. Only take a minute or two tops.

If you have an account on US-West that has a character on it that HAS killed
normal Baal, just log onto that account, enter a game with that character,
leave, create a new account and you will be able to create a hardcore ladder
character on the new account.

Welcome to hardcore [Grin]

Ruben
US-West Hardcore Ladder,
*Spook-HCA (BO Barb)
*Spook-HCB (Enchantress)
*Spook-HCC (MF-Sorc)
*Spook-HCD (Most of my play characters)

> Actually, you don't.
>
> If you have no account on US-West that has a character on it that has
> killed normal Baal, one of us can make an account for you, with a
> temporary password, create a hardcore character for you, and then log
> off.
>
> You then log onto the account, change the password, and create
> whatever hardcore character that you want, and delete the dummy one.
> Instant hardcore account. Once you've logged onto that account, you
> can log back off and create as many hardcore accounts and hardcore
> characters as you want.

<snip>

OK. I'm confused here as to how this would work.

I have the account that I regularly play under (on US East SC Ladder), that
hasn't gotten past Act III Normal (working on Mephisto).

So if you (generic, not specific) make a (temporary) hardcore account and I
log in, load a HC character and then log out, I will be able to play HC on
the account that I normally use. Is that how it works? Or is the account
that I would use for US East a different one than US West.

Also, keep in mind that Mark is going to send me a saved game file that
should unlock HC for me. Don't know if that is easier than your way or not.
TO my sleep-addled brain, it just might be...

--
Marcel
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/