Need directory size utility

I need a software utility that will give me the size of Windows XP
directories. It should be activated from the context menu. It should
operate by opening up a screen on the present directory, and displaying a
list of subdirectories. It should then be possible for the user,
iteritively, to open up any of the subdirectories that it contains
displaying all of the subdirectories.

Don J
3 answers Last reply
More about need directory size utility

    Folder Size Shell Extension available at the PC World web site.

    "Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I need a software utility that will give me the size of Windows XP
    > directories. It should be activated from the context menu. It should
    > operate by opening up a screen on the present directory, and displaying a
    > list of subdirectories. It should then be possible for the user,
    > iteritively, to open up any of the subdirectories that it contains
    > displaying all of the subdirectories.
    >

    > Don J

    Don

    Windows Explorer?

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I need a software utility that will give me the size of Windows XP
    > directories. It should be activated from the context menu. It should
    > operate by opening up a screen on the present directory, and
    > displaying a
    > list of subdirectories. It should then be possible for the user,
    > iteritively, to open up any of the subdirectories that it contains
    > displaying all of the subdirectories.
    >

    > Don J

    or possibly Treesize (http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtml)

    george

    > Folder Size Shell Extension available at the PC World web site.
    >
    > "Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> I need a software utility that will give me the size of Windows XP
    >> directories. It should be activated from the context menu. It should
    >> operate by opening up a screen on the present directory, and displaying a
    >> list of subdirectories. It should then be possible for the user,
    >> iteritively, to open up any of the subdirectories that it contains
    >> displaying all of the subdirectories.
    >>

    >> Don J

Microsoft Software Windows XP