Programs & Users

At this juncture in my new experiences with Windows XP; I would like to know
how to install a program for just one user. I installed Word Perfect for a
limited user, But the icons & program short cuts showed up for all users.
However, only the initial limited user could use the program. The other
limited users would get an error message when clicking on a short cut or
icon. I do not want to have the desktop and program menus of all users
cluttered up with programs of all other users; but only able to use the
program that was installed under that user. () the question is: can I
install a program for a user and not have icons or short cuts show up on the
desktops and program menus of other users?
--
nu2xp
1 answer Last reply

    WV-Warren <WVWarren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >At this juncture in my new experiences with Windows XP; I would like to know
    >how to install a program for just one user. I installed Word Perfect for a
    >limited user, But the icons & program short cuts showed up for all users.

    Windows XP comes with a multi-user structure. Under C:\DOCUMENTS AND
    SETTINGS your can find an ALL USERS folder with subfolders DESKTOP and
    START MENU to store items that should be available for all users of
    the PC. To make items available to specific users only, move the
    shortcuts from here to C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\{username}, where you
    will find the personal DESKTOP and START MENU folders.

    --
    (tm)

Windows XP