Tyvy

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2001
Hi all, I have just built my new pc.
MSI K7N2G
80gig WD HDD
Ti 4800SE
512 DDR 2100

And well it all works fine, but everytime there is HDD access, even at the slightess, I can hear a almost "buzzing" noise inside. It then stops. Also, if I put my ear to the side of the pc and move my mouse around, it makes the same noise!!!

WEIRD

anyone help me :)

I have updated bios and still no luck.

JimmyDean

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2003
Try unplugging your system speaker and see if it stops... If it does leave it unplugged. You dont really need it except for POST and to beep at you when you press too much [-peep-] at once

<b><font color=red>Remember kids, if you see a downed power line, suck on the end, candy comes out!</font color=red></b>

Tyvy

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2001
yea its not the speaker, it sound like electricy flowing when I move my mouse or theres any activity happending. I mean teh system is stable and working but just weird this sound

Starion15

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2003
All you need are some tools to fix this:

1)Friendly Catholic Priest
2)Gallon o'holy water
3)One extra large crucifix.

(Directs your attention to the Exorcist)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It sounds like feedback from a bus into the speaker. Try unplugging the speaker and see if it goes away.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

Tyvy

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2001
From what I can see I have all the speakers unplugged. Could it be the video card? I have read posts about the cards making a buzzing noise.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Probably not if it makes that noise when you move the mouse. Are you certain the internal system speaker is disconnected, and it still makes that noise?

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

Teq

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
You got any temperature controlled fans in there... maybe in your power supply?

It could just be the added CPU load of wiggling the mouse or accessing a hard disk is causing it to spin up a bit. If that fan is even a little bit off balance there will be some speed at which the vibration will be noticeable.

The fan in my power supply makes a rushing noise, for all the world like a cat hissing, when I get my system nice and busy. Caught me off guard the first time too...

---><font color=green>It ain't better if it don't work</font color=green><---

Tyvy

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2001
There is no controlled fans what so ever.
I have replaced everything in there case, even cables. Same buzzing noise when theres a lot of activity. Also, what should my voltages be in the bios? its at 1.5v now

Could it be something witht that. I have a 350watt powersupply

Tyvy

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2001
OK I figured it out!
If I change the FSB to 133, 166 I get the noises!~!
If I keep it at 100 its fine!!

This is Bullshit!! How the hell am I suppose to use this to the best of its performance if its making noises at me. God Dammit!

Anyone have any ideas

Teq

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
Ok... exactly where is this beeping sound coming from?

Is it from the speaker or from some component?

If it's from the speaker... it might be any number of things, including a temperature warning... check everything make sure you've got the heatsink on right, CPU seated correctly in the socket, wiring connections solid etc. (I know you've already done some of this, but it can't hurt to do it again)

If it's not a deliberate warning, you've got a bad sub-assembly in there someplace... If the noise persists after being sure all your voltages, temperatures etc are good, isolate it to the noisey board and get it replaced under warranty.

---><font color=green>It ain't better if it don't work</font color=green><---