Administrator Account

There are four user accounts-1 administrator and 3 limited. How does the
administrator access all files in the 3 limited accounts. I am trying to
transfer a file from limited to admin. Help

Thanks kindly
3 answers Last reply
More about administrator account

    Hi,

    Logon as administrator and copy the file from the limited user. A limited
    user account cannot access an admin account's folders. An alternative would
    be to place the file in the Shared Documents folder for later retrieval by
    the administrator account.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "suejul4" <suejul4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > There are four user accounts-1 administrator and 3 limited. How does the
    > administrator access all files in the 3 limited accounts. I am trying to
    > transfer a file from limited to admin. Help
    >
    > Thanks kindly

    Thank you so much, appreciated the help

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Logon as administrator and copy the file from the limited user. A limited
    > user account cannot access an admin account's folders. An alternative would
    > be to place the file in the Shared Documents folder for later retrieval by
    > the administrator account.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "suejul4" <suejul4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > There are four user accounts-1 administrator and 3 limited. How does the
    > > administrator access all files in the 3 limited accounts. I am trying to
    > > transfer a file from limited to admin. Help
    > >
    > > Thanks kindly

    Cant be done through My computer and from there to administrators documents?

    > Hi,
    >
    > Logon as administrator and copy the file from the limited user. A limited
    > user account cannot access an admin account's folders. An alternative
    would
    > be to place the file in the Shared Documents folder for later retrieval by
    > the administrator account.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "suejul4" <suejul4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > There are four user accounts-1 administrator and 3 limited. How does
    the
    > > administrator access all files in the 3 limited accounts. I am trying
    > > transfer a file from limited to admin. Help
    > >
    > > Thanks kindly

Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP