Experiencing slow page loads on-line. Windows 7 professional
4 processers
intel core i5 CPU

650 @ 3.20 Gig Hz 3.19 Gig Hz
8 gig Ram
64 bit
1 Terabyte sata hard drive
Connected to my home Lan.
The Windows XP unit in the home office loads pages faster than my new desktop. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....

More about : slow internet

Best solution

August 27, 2010 3:24:52 AM

virus? is both 7 and xp on the same broadband connection? have you tried using different internet browsers?
a b $ Windows 7
August 27, 2010 6:38:58 AM

What antivirus and/or firewall software is on the windows 7 PC?

Try disabling the AV and/or firewall, and see if that solves the problem. If it does, you should find better software.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 27, 2010 5:59:01 PM

Clear the Internet cache/Temporary Internet File? In IE, click on Tools, Internet Options, and Delete under Browsing History. IF you have a broadband connection, check the "Empty Temporary Internet files when browser is closed" box under the Advanced tab, under Security options.

How many programs running in the background, or on startup? Run "msconfig" to check. Careful, althought it's part of Windows, you can delete too many things, and then OS won't boot. (I take no responsibility) Don't delete anything from Microsoft on boot up is a safe bet.
September 3, 2010 1:19:43 AM

Best answer selected by kyoshi59.
September 10, 2010 1:37:05 AM

edmond419 said:
virus? is both 7 and xp on the same broadband connection? have you tried using different internet browsers?

Windows 7 & and XP are on the same Broadband Connection. I switched Internet Browsers and that solved my problem.
Thanks. have an excellent weekend.
a b $ Windows 7
September 10, 2010 2:18:37 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!