A7n8x Rev 1.06 re-boot randoMly

chris1984

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2003
I have rev 1.06 of the a7n8x deluxe Win XP all updates . and I have minor problems
Its seems about 30 mins into playing a game it suddenly kick me out to the desktop, and sometimes reboots. Has anyone else had this problem? Would updating bios be helpfull? Any suggestions? I have a athlon xp 2600 333 with the boxed heatsink, bios says its running about 115F after iv used it for awhile...could it be to hot? Also when it reboots windows sometimes reports-"your computer has recovered from a serious error" Send to microsoft.
I have a radeon 9500 pro and will update drivers to see of that helps. Iv heard ppl have this problem before I just dont remember what they said fixed it.
All help and suggestions would be appreciated.

tRiXtA

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
Thats not running hot at all. I have the same mobo, and I had the same problem as you. I backed my FSB down a touch and it stopped. But, thats not to say there is a million variables that could be causing that problem. Such as a weak PSU, ram problems etc etc

Visit my <A HREF="http://www3.sympatico.ca/rdykens" target="_new">Webpage</A> to see my modded Asus A7N8X and Swiftech watercooling setup, my 3DMark scores and improve your system performance with my many computer tweaks!