cookies not listed in temporary internet folder

In the Temporary Internet Files folder, there used to be a list of Cookies
placed on my computer by various websites. That listing has disappeared,
although Cookies are still being set, since my anti-spyware program still
finds them. Where are the cookies being stored, and how can I find - and
access - them. I like to keep the ones for MS links, but I want to delete
others selectively.

Thank you for your help.

Sara
7 answers Last reply
More about cookies listed temporary internet folder

    Go to Tools/Intenet Options/ Settings on the General Tab/View Files. This is
    where the cookie are for I.E.6.0. Hope that helps.

    "sarali" wrote:

    > In the Temporary Internet Files folder, there used to be a list of Cookies
    > placed on my computer by various websites. That listing has disappeared,
    > although Cookies are still being set, since my anti-spyware program still
    > finds them. Where are the cookies being stored, and how can I find - and
    > access - them. I like to keep the ones for MS links, but I want to delete
    > others selectively.
    >
    > Thank you for your help.
    >
    > Sara

    That is where they used to be, but they no longer appear there. I have
    looked through the entire "Detail" list. How can I get them to appear again?

    Sara

    "Hunter B" wrote:

    > Go to Tools/Intenet Options/ Settings on the General Tab/View Files. This is
    > where the cookie are for I.E.6.0. Hope that helps.
    >
    > "sarali" wrote:
    >
    > > In the Temporary Internet Files folder, there used to be a list of Cookies
    > > placed on my computer by various websites. That listing has disappeared,
    > > although Cookies are still being set, since my anti-spyware program still
    > > finds them. Where are the cookies being stored, and how can I find - and
    > > access - them. I like to keep the ones for MS links, but I want to delete
    > > others selectively.
    > >
    > > Thank you for your help.
    > >
    > > Sara

    Check the antispyware program's quarantine list. You said your antispyware
    was finding them.

    "sarali" <sarali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > That is where they used to be, but they no longer appear there. I have
    > looked through the entire "Detail" list. How can I get them to appear
    > again?
    >
    > Sara
    >
    > "Hunter B" wrote:
    >
    >> Go to Tools/Intenet Options/ Settings on the General Tab/View Files.
    >> This is
    >> where the cookie are for I.E.6.0. Hope that helps.
    >>
    >> "sarali" wrote:
    >>
    >> > In the Temporary Internet Files folder, there used to be a list of
    >> > Cookies
    >> > placed on my computer by various websites. That listing has
    >> > disappeared,
    >> > although Cookies are still being set, since my anti-spyware program
    >> > still
    >> > finds them. Where are the cookies being stored, and how can I find -
    >> > and
    >> > access - them. I like to keep the ones for MS links, but I want to
    >> > delete
    >> > others selectively.
    >> >
    >> > Thank you for your help.
    >> >
    >> > Sara

    Maybe I did not make the problem clear enough. The Cookies used to be listed
    along with all the other items in the Temporary Internet Files folder, but
    suddenly, all Cookies disappeared. I want to be able to see ALL the cookies
    on my computer, not just the spyware ones that Spybot identifies, which are
    the dangerous ones. How can I retrieve the listing of all Cookies?

    Thank you for helping.

    Sara

    "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

    > Check the antispyware program's quarantine list. You said your antispyware
    > was finding them.

    > "sarali" <sarali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > That is where they used to be, but they no longer appear there. I have
    > > looked through the entire "Detail" list. How can I get them to appear
    > > again?
    > >
    > > Sara
    > >
    > > "Hunter B" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Go to Tools/Intenet Options/ Settings on the General Tab/View Files.
    > >> This is
    > >> where the cookie are for I.E.6.0. Hope that helps.

    I don't know what all is in this webcast about cookies, but it at looks
    interesting:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823890

    > Maybe I did not make the problem clear enough. The Cookies used to be
    > listed
    > along with all the other items in the Temporary Internet Files folder, but
    > suddenly, all Cookies disappeared. I want to be able to see ALL the
    > cookies
    > on my computer, not just the spyware ones that Spybot identifies, which
    > are
    > the dangerous ones. How can I retrieve the listing of all Cookies?
    >
    > Thank you for helping.
    >
    > Sara
    >
    > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
    >
    >> Check the antispyware program's quarantine list. You said your
    >> antispyware
    >> was finding them.
    >>
    >> --
    >> "sarali" <sarali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > That is where they used to be, but they no longer appear there. I have
    >> > looked through the entire "Detail" list. How can I get them to appear
    >> > again?
    >> >
    >> > Sara

    The article was interesting, but it did not say how to find Cookies when they
    do not show up in the Temporary Internet Files folder. The only reference to
    viewing Cookies was:

    "...open your Temporary Internet Files folder in Internet Explorer and
    double-click the cookie itself."

    Should I ask about this in another forum? If so, which one?
    Thanks.

    Sara

    "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

    > I don't know what all is in this webcast about cookies, but it at looks
    > interesting:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823890

    > "sarali" <sarali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Maybe I did not make the problem clear enough. The Cookies used to be
    > > listed
    > > along with all the other items in the Temporary Internet Files folder, but
    > > suddenly, all Cookies disappeared. I want to be able to see ALL the
    > > cookies
    > > on my computer, not just the spyware ones that Spybot identifies, which
    > > are
    > > the dangerous ones. How can I retrieve the listing of all Cookies?
    > >
    > > Thank you for helping.
    > >
    > > Sara
    > >
    > > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Check the antispyware program's quarantine list. You said your
    > >> antispyware
    > >> was finding them.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine]
    > >> (Reply to the group only unless otherwise requested)
    > >> "sarali" <sarali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Yes. Try microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

    > The article was interesting, but it did not say how to find Cookies when
    > they
    > do not show up in the Temporary Internet Files folder. The only reference
    > viewing Cookies was:
    >
    > "...open your Temporary Internet Files folder in Internet Explorer and
    > double-click the cookie itself."
    >
    > Should I ask about this in another forum? If so, which one?
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Sara
    >
    > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
    >
    >> I don't know what all is in this webcast about cookies, but it at looks
    >> interesting:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823890
    >>
    >> --
    >> "sarali" <sarali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Maybe I did not make the problem clear enough. The Cookies used to be
    >> > listed
    >> > along with all the other items in the Temporary Internet Files folder,
    >> > but
    >> > suddenly, all Cookies disappeared. I want to be able to see ALL the
    >> > cookies
    >> > on my computer, not just the spyware ones that Spybot identifies, which
    >> > are
    >> > the dangerous ones. How can I retrieve the listing of all Cookies?
    >> >
    >> > Thank you for helping.
    >> >
    >> > Sara

Cookie Internet Windows XP