Pink Pages, Pink Theme !

Please advise. For some unknown reason my browser bars are pink inc Outlook
express etc, even the starburst screen saver has pink stars. Any ideas on how
to rectify it. Many thanks.

If you are using a CRT screen, try turning the monitor off for a couple of
minutes. It may need degaussing. If that makes no difference, can you
check your monitor on another computer?

In news:9A998CAE-3E4D-4C7B-A268-D2B9841FDDF4@microsoft.com,
pixelpup <pixelpup@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Please advise. For some unknown reason my browser bars are
> pink inc
> Outlook express etc, even the starburst screen saver has pink
> stars.
> Any ideas on how to rectify it. Many thanks.

Sounds like it might be one of three things:

1. the Monitor

2. the Video Card

3. The cable connecting the two.

Start by checking number 3, and making sure the cable is firmly
attached.

Please reply to the newsgroup

"Ken Blake" wrote:

> In news:9A998CAE-3E4D-4C7B-A268-D2B9841FDDF4@microsoft.com,
> pixelpup <pixelpup@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>
> > Please advise. For some unknown reason my browser bars are
> > pink inc
> > Outlook express etc, even the starburst screen saver has pink
> > stars.
> > Any ideas on how to rectify it. Many thanks.
>

> Sounds like it might be one of three things:
>
> 1. the Monitor
>
> 2. the Video Card
>
> 3. The cable connecting the two.
>
> Start by checking number 3, and making sure the cable is firmly
> attached.

> Please reply to the newsgroup
>

> Thanks all for your answers. Being a newby I hadn't thought about the monitor, just thought it was the settings. The CFT screen is around 12 months old, I dare say it is out of guarantee now ! Will check it out with another monitor in the morning. Many thanks once again.

Hey, you got a problem with pink?

Does the same thing happen with a different monitor? If it doesn't, then
your original monitor needs adjustment, or more likely retirement.

If you're seeing pink with a different monitor as well, then restart your
computer in Safe Mode. If you still see pink in Safe Mode - and I don't
think that's such a bad thing - then you need a new video card. If you're
not seeing pink is Safe Mode, then you need to reinstall or upgrade your
video driver.

Modem Ani