Control Panel. Display. Not showing !

March 3, 2005 7:55:04 PM

Please advise. When I want to change my wallpaper, screensaver etc I can't as
there are no screens. When I click on Display the only thing that comes up is
Display Properties. I have no idea how to restore the screens.
All help welcomed.
As I received such good advise on my last question I thought I would follow
on with another niggle. Hope this is OK.
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 1:19:28 AM

Hi,

Are you on a work networked machine? If so, there is probably a group policy
in place that has removed access to the rest of the tabs.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"pixelpup" <pixelpup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please advise. When I want to change my wallpaper, screensaver etc I can't
> as
> there are no screens. When I click on Display the only thing that comes up
> is
> Display Properties. I have no idea how to restore the screens.
> All help welcomed.
> As I received such good advise on my last question I thought I would
> follow
> on with another niggle. Hope this is OK.
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 3:59:06 AM

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are you on a work networked machine? If so, there is probably a group policy
> in place that has removed access to the rest of the tabs.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "pixelpup" <pixelpup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please advise. When I want to change my wallpaper, screensaver etc I can't
> > as
> > there are no screens. When I click on Display the only thing that comes up
> > is
> > Display Properties. I have no idea how to restore the screens.
> > All help welcomed.
> > As I received such good advise on my last question I thought I would
> > follow
> > on with another niggle. Hope this is OK.
>

> No I'm not on a work network . Any other ideas ?
March 4, 2005 12:49:50 PM

Read the instructions at the top
285. Right hand side
Restore All Display Tabs

Missing Tabs in Display Properties and No OpenGL Support After You Upgrade
to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283751/

Desktop Tab Missing from Display Properties
http://www.theeldergeek.com/desktop_tab_missing_from_di...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D F473D92-7A09-4C93-983D-5992F302EB97@microsoft.com,
pixelpup <pixelpup@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are you on a work networked machine? If so, there is probably a
>> group policy in place that has removed access to the rest of the
>> tabs.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "pixelpup" <pixelpup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Please advise. When I want to change my wallpaper, screensaver etc
>>> I can't as
>>> there are no screens. When I click on Display the only thing that
>>> comes up is
>>> Display Properties. I have no idea how to restore the screens.
>>> All help welcomed.
>>> As I received such good advise on my last question I thought I would
>>> follow
>>> on with another niggle. Hope this is OK.
>>

>> No I'm not on a work network . Any other ideas ?
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 4:25:06 PM

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Read the instructions at the top
> 285. Right hand side
> Restore All Display Tabs
>
> Missing Tabs in Display Properties and No OpenGL Support After You Upgrade
> to Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283751/
>
> Desktop Tab Missing from Display Properties
> http://www.theeldergeek.com/desktop_tab_missing_from_di...
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:D F473D92-7A09-4C93-983D-5992F302EB97@microsoft.com,
> pixelpup <pixelpup@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Are you on a work networked machine? If so, there is probably a
> >> group policy in place that has removed access to the rest of the
> >> tabs.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> >> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >>
> >> "pixelpup" <pixelpup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> No I'm not on a work network . Any other ideas ?
>
> Have tried : Desktop Tab Missing from Display Properties
http://www.theeldergeek.com/desktop_tab_missing_from_di...

When I reached the 'Turn on classic shell' it was already not configured
!! Where can I go from here ?
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 10:23:52 PM

In news:E8E6874D-8BCA-4E88-A308-1202C39608B5@microsoft.com,