Control Panel. Display. Not showing !

Please advise. When I want to change my wallpaper, screensaver etc I can't as
there are no screens. When I click on Display the only thing that comes up is
Display Properties. I have no idea how to restore the screens.
All help welcomed.
As I received such good advise on my last question I thought I would follow
on with another niggle. Hope this is OK.
5 answers Last reply
More about control panel display showing

    Hi,

    Are you on a work networked machine? If so, there is probably a group policy
    in place that has removed access to the rest of the tabs.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Are you on a work networked machine? If so, there is probably a group policy
    > in place that has removed access to the rest of the tabs.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "pixelpup" <pixelpup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Please advise. When I want to change my wallpaper, screensaver etc I can't
    > > as
    > > there are no screens. When I click on Display the only thing that comes up
    > > is
    > > Display Properties. I have no idea how to restore the screens.
    > > All help welcomed.
    > > As I received such good advise on my last question I thought I would
    > > follow
    > > on with another niggle. Hope this is OK.
    >

    > No I'm not on a work network . Any other ideas ?

    Read the instructions at the top
    285. Right hand side
    Restore All Display Tabs

    Missing Tabs in Display Properties and No OpenGL Support After You Upgrade
    to Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283751/

    Desktop Tab Missing from Display Properties
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/desktop_tab_missing_from_display.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:DF473D92-7A09-4C93-983D-5992F302EB97@microsoft.com,
    pixelpup <pixelpup@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Read the instructions at the top
    > 285. Right hand side
    > Restore All Display Tabs
    >
    > Missing Tabs in Display Properties and No OpenGL Support After You Upgrade
    > to Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283751/
    >
    > Desktop Tab Missing from Display Properties
    > http://www.theeldergeek.com/desktop_tab_missing_from_display.htm
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:DF473D92-7A09-4C93-983D-5992F302EB97@microsoft.com,
    > pixelpup <pixelpup@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> Are you on a work networked machine? If so, there is probably a
    > >> group policy in place that has removed access to the rest of the
    > >> tabs.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Best of Luck,

    > >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
    > >> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    > >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    > >>
    > >> "pixelpup" <pixelpup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >>

    > >> No I'm not on a work network . Any other ideas ?
    >
    > Have tried : Desktop Tab Missing from Display Properties
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/desktop_tab_missing_from_display.htm

    When I reached the 'Turn on classic shell' it was already not configured
    !! Where can I go from here ?

    In news:E8E6874D-8BCA-4E88-A308-1202C39608B5@microsoft.com,
    pixelpup <pixelpup@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    >> Read the instructions at the top
    >> 285. Right hand side
    >> Restore All Display Tabs
    >>
    >> Missing Tabs in Display Properties and No OpenGL Support After You
    >> Upgrade to Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283751/
    >>
    >> Desktop Tab Missing from Display Properties
    >> http://www.theeldergeek.com/desktop_tab_missing_from_display.htm
    >>

    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:DF473D92-7A09-4C93-983D-5992F302EB97@microsoft.com,
    >> pixelpup <pixelpup@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    >> Have tried : Desktop Tab Missing from Display Properties
    > http://www.theeldergeek.com/desktop_tab_missing_from_display.htm
    >
    > When I reached the 'Turn on classic shell' it was already not
    > configured !! Where can I go from here ?

Control Panel Windows XP Displays