Sign in with
Your question

Is anyone interested in a Dell PowerEdge 4400?

Last response: in Deals
May 12, 2011 2:46:46 PM

I recently acquired a Dell PowerEdge 4400. The Dell id tag is: G34TC01. The unit is intact aside from the fact that someone (not me) has removed all of the hard drives. All of the hot swap cradles are there but the drives have been removed. Shipping this would be very expensive due to the size and weight involved so interested parties would be best off if they were located somewhere in central Iowa. My price is $50 PLUS whatever it costs me to deliver it to you. If you are within 120 miles of Des Moines, IA I will personally deliver it to you for $50 which will probably only cover the cost of the gas the way prices are these days! You can get all of the specifications at Dell's support site by entering the id tag. You can email me if you are seriously interested & have questions at
May 12, 2011 5:11:01 PM

The title of this topic has been edited by Mousemonkey
May 12, 2011 6:07:15 PM

Sorry you had to edit this. I didn't mean to do anything wrong...
Related resources
May 13, 2011 1:18:16 AM

That computer's a PIII from 1999. You'll have a hard time finding takers for $50 since it's much weaker than a $200 new computer and probably less stable/reliable too, so it's dangerous to use as a server.

My guess is that you'd do best just harvesting the CD drives and RAM. Good luck finding a use/buyer for those though.
May 13, 2011 9:58:00 PM

Kinda figured that but nothing ventured nothing gained. Too bad there isn't someone who could use this heavy duty server case though even the wheels are good and strong on it. I hate to just throw it away. Thank you for your input. Do you think anyone would have use for the SCSI controller cards in it?
December 11, 2011 10:59:05 AM

jeffnmissp said:
I recently acquired a Dell PowerEdge 4400. The Dell id tag is: . The unit is intact aside from the fact that someone (not me) has removed all of the hard drives. All of the hot swap cradles are there but the drives have been removed. Shipping this would be very expensive due to the size and weight involved so interested parties would be best off if they were located somewhere in central Iowa. My price is $50 PLUS whatever it costs me to deliver it to you. If you are within 120 miles of Des Moines, IA I will personally deliver it to you for $50 which will probably only cover the cost of the gas the way prices are these days! You can get all of the specifications at Dell's support site by entering the id tag. You can email me if you are seriously interested & have questions at

I would be interested If its still available and un-harmed. I wonder what it would cost to ship it to Danville, Va. I have a PowerEdge 1500sc and 2300 It could join the family LOL .
December 11, 2011 11:08:48 AM

Do you have any idea of the actual weight and Im sure its bigger than the 1500sc. But being void of the Hard drives it should be a little lighter. And do you have any pictures of the server that you could email to me. I am in need of a server that can use my older segate barracuda 1.6" thick 50GB scsi hdds. Yes I know how old this server is. LOL I like my servers big mean and ugly. Im not into these new flimsy models.
!