Special OS?

linar_i

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
Is there a Windows-based operating system instantly runs a game without an interface? If there is, it would be really useful if you have that game that always lags. ;)

Solution
1. well there are no free windows based opperating systems that i know of

2. to run a game in windows u must first install it and therefore u need the background interface to install too, so u couldnt just put a cd in and run the game like in a console.

the closest thing i know of is in the new asus p6t core i7 motherbaords which can boot to a linux based OS in around 10 seconds of pressing power button it will let u do some simple tasks like web browsing ect. but no modern games.

linar_i

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
What I mean is, is there a free Windows-based operating system that when you run it, there is no background, Windows interface, anything, but the game you want to run. Kinda like the arcade games: You plug it in, it instantly runs the game it's supposed to.

mildiner86

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
1. well there are no free windows based opperating systems that i know of

2. to run a game in windows u must first install it and therefore u need the background interface to install too, so u couldnt just put a cd in and run the game like in a console.

the closest thing i know of is in the new asus p6t core i7 motherbaords which can boot to a linux based OS in around 10 seconds of pressing power button it will let u do some simple tasks like web browsing ect. but no modern games.

Solution