Plague Javelin is fun!

Last response: in Video Games
May 18, 2005 6:55:18 PM

And better than I remember, too!

So my new LF/CS/PJ girl is up to Act 2 Hell, and is still able to kill most
things (not the PI's, of course) with one PJ throw. The only problem she's
had so far was a Fanat pack of Archers, who happened to be Poison Immune and
Lightning Immune. That suxored, real bad.

I've been experimenting with the Plague Javelin, and even for Bosses (NM
only, and Hell Andariel) it isn't really toooo bad. A bit slow, but it
works.

NM Lister pack took longer than Andariel, do they have some built in Poison
Resistance? I don't remember.

So far I've got +12 Javelin skills, so Plague and LF are at lvl 32, and CS
and Poison Javelin are at say, 28 or 29. The only thing I'm looking for now
is a +3 Javelin Skills Ammy with some Mana Leech and resists, and some
gloves with +3 instead of + 2 Javelin skills. Mana leech on that would be
nice too :)

Currently wearing a Vipermagi, Spirit Shield, Shako, Titans, Eye of Etlich,
some Rare rings and Silkweaves? Whatever gives the mana boost and +mana per
kill.

short - great fun!

More about : plague javelin fun

Anonymous
May 19, 2005 4:35:46 AM

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
> And better than I remember, too!
>

> So my new LF/CS/PJ girl is up to Act 2 Hell, and is still able to kill
> most
> things (not the PI's, of course) with one PJ throw. The only problem
> she's
> had so far was a Fanat pack of Archers, who happened to be Poison Immune
> and
> Lightning Immune. That suxored, real bad.
>
> I've been experimenting with the Plague Javelin, and even for Bosses (NM
> only, and Hell Andariel) it isn't really toooo bad. A bit slow, but it
> works.
>
> NM Lister pack took longer than Andariel, do they have some built in
> Poison
> Resistance? I don't remember.
>
> So far I've got +12 Javelin skills, so Plague and LF are at lvl 32, and CS
> and Poison Javelin are at say, 28 or 29. The only thing I'm looking for
> now
> is a +3 Javelin Skills Ammy with some Mana Leech and resists, and some
> gloves with +3 instead of + 2 Javelin skills. Mana leech on that would be
> nice too :)
>
> Currently wearing a Vipermagi, Spirit Shield, Shako, Titans, Eye of
> Etlich,
> some Rare rings and Silkweaves? Whatever gives the mana boost and +mana
> per
> kill.
>

> short - great fun!

If I could ever get the runes for that conviction stick, that is one of the
builds I would like to try (with it on merc).

-Steve
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 4:35:47 AM

On Thu, 19 May 2005 00:35:46 +0000, Steve W wrote:

> "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
>> And better than I remember, too!

>> So far I've got +12 Javelin skills, so Plague and LF are at lvl 32, and CS
>> and Poison Javelin are at say, 28 or 29. The only thing I'm looking for
>> now
>> is a +3 Javelin Skills Ammy with some Mana Leech and resists, and some
>> gloves with +3 instead of + 2 Javelin skills. Mana leech on that would be
>> nice too :)
>>
>> Currently wearing a Vipermagi, Spirit Shield, Shako, Titans, Eye of
>> Etlich,
>> some Rare rings and Silkweaves? Whatever gives the mana boost and +mana
>> per
>> kill.

> If I could ever get the runes for that conviction stick, that is one of the
> builds I would like to try (with it on merc).

Conviction doesn't affect poison damage, but the similarly expensive
Bramble armor would give a large boost. Trang's Gloves might be
better than +skills also, though they wouldn't help the secondary attack.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 12:12:14 PM

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
news:D 6ik67.3sk.1@fairground.synaptic.net.nz...
> short wrote:
> > And better than I remember, too!
> >

> > So my new LF/CS/PJ girl is up to Act 2 Hell, and is still able to
> > kill most
> > things (not the PI's, of course) with one PJ throw. The only problem
> > she's
> > had so far was a Fanat pack of Archers, who happened to be Poison
> > Immune and Lightning Immune. That suxored, real bad.
> >
> > I've been experimenting with the Plague Javelin, and even for Bosses
> > (NM
> > only, and Hell Andariel) it isn't really toooo bad. A bit slow, but
> > it
> > works.
> >
> > NM Lister pack took longer than Andariel, do they have some built in
> > Poison Resistance? I don't remember.
> >
> > So far I've got +12 Javelin skills, so Plague and LF are at lvl 32,
> > and CS
> > and Poison Javelin are at say, 28 or 29. The only thing I'm looking
> > for now
> > is a +3 Javelin Skills Ammy with some Mana Leech and resists, and some
> > gloves with +3 instead of + 2 Javelin skills. Mana leech on that
> > would be
> > nice too :)
> >
> > Currently wearing a Vipermagi, Spirit Shield, Shako, Titans, Eye of
> > Etlich,
> > some Rare rings and Silkweaves? Whatever gives the mana boost and
> > +mana per
> > kill.
>
> There's your problem. You're not wearing a belt.
> --
> ~misfit~

Hehehe, good point!

I am wearing a belt, but its not really ideal. Some rare Demonhide sash
with life regen and some resists. I need to mule one over soon.

short

May 20, 2005 4:22:11 AM

"Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.05.19.02.24.23.922065@yahoo.com...
> On Thu, 19 May 2005 00:35:46 +0000, Steve W wrote:
>

>> "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
>>> And better than I remember, too!
>
>>> So far I've got +12 Javelin skills, so Plague and LF are at lvl 32, and
>>> CS
>>> and Poison Javelin are at say, 28 or 29. The only thing I'm looking for
>>> now
>>> is a +3 Javelin Skills Ammy with some Mana Leech and resists, and some
>>> gloves with +3 instead of + 2 Javelin skills. Mana leech on that would
>>> be
>>> nice too :)
>>>
>>> Currently wearing a Vipermagi, Spirit Shield, Shako, Titans, Eye of
>>> Etlich,
>>> some Rare rings and Silkweaves? Whatever gives the mana boost and +mana
>>> per
>>> kill.
>
>> If I could ever get the runes for that conviction stick, that is one of
>> the
>> builds I would like to try (with it on merc).
>
> Conviction doesn't affect poison damage, but the similarly expensive
> Bramble armor would give a large boost. Trang's Gloves might be
> better than +skills also, though they wouldn't help the secondary attack.

Good point. LF doesn't take many points, so I am temped to scrounge up some
tranges gloves and give it a try.

-Steve
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 4:58:57 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>So far I've got +12 Javelin skills, so Plague and LF are at lvl 32, and CS
>and Poison Javelin are at say, 28 or 29. The only thing I'm looking for now
>is a +3 Javelin Skills Ammy with some Mana Leech and resists, and some
>gloves with +3 instead of + 2 Javelin skills. Mana leech on that would be
>nice too :)

I assume you're now looking for magic +3 gloves, since rares and crafted ones
can only spawn with +2 max, like those ones I gambled the other day.

>Currently wearing a Vipermagi, Spirit Shield, Shako, Titans, Eye of Etlich,
>some Rare rings and Silkweaves? Whatever gives the mana boost and +mana per
>kill.

We may still have a thundergods or two in stock. I'll check for you.

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net>,
> supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>
> >So far I've got +12 Javelin skills, so Plague and LF are at lvl 32, and
CS
> >and Poison Javelin are at say, 28 or 29. The only thing I'm looking for
now
> >is a +3 Javelin Skills Ammy with some Mana Leech and resists, and some
> >gloves with +3 instead of + 2 Javelin skills. Mana leech on that would
be
> >nice too :)
>
> I assume you're now looking for magic +3 gloves, since rares and crafted
ones
> can only spawn with +2 max, like those ones I gambled the other day.

Oooh, no. I guess I'll keep the ones with resists and such, and only +2
skills :)

> >Currently wearing a Vipermagi, Spirit Shield, Shako, Titans, Eye of
Etlich,
> >some Rare rings and Silkweaves? Whatever gives the mana boost and +mana
per
> >kill.
>
> We may still have a thundergods or two in stock. I'll check for you.

Woot!

short

May 21, 2005 6:41:51 AM

> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net>,
>> supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>>
>> >So far I've got +12 Javelin skills, so Plague and LF are at lvl 32, and
> CS
>> >and Poison Javelin are at say, 28 or 29. The only thing I'm looking for
> now
>> >is a +3 Javelin Skills Ammy with some Mana Leech and resists, and some
>> >gloves with +3 instead of + 2 Javelin skills. Mana leech on that would
> be
>> >nice too :)
>>
>> I assume you're now looking for magic +3 gloves, since rares and crafted
> ones
>> can only spawn with +2 max, like those ones I gambled the other day.
>>

> Oooh, no. I guess I'll keep the ones with resists and such, and only +2
> skills :)
>
>> >Currently wearing a Vipermagi, Spirit Shield, Shako, Titans, Eye of
> Etlich,
>> >some Rare rings and Silkweaves? Whatever gives the mana boost and +mana
> per
>> >kill.
>>
>> We may still have a thundergods or two in stock. I'll check for you.
>>

> Woot!

Ich bin die Jabber. Ich haben der TGV in eine mule.

--
Convention says my name, along with a witticism or poignant quote, should go
here.