HP deskjet 5150 frustrations

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi
Having googled countless permutations of "HP 5150 printing using tricolor
cartridge to print black text" I stumbled across this newssgroup

I'm really hoping that someone can help me solve this problem:

My 5150 deskjet is using the tricolor cartridge to print black text (I know
this because when the colour cartridge finally ran out of ink, the text was
coloured)
The black cartridge is full (re-filled it myself!)
Printing from Indesign CS, the text colour is set at "Black" and not
"Registration"
also when printing any other file: webpage, acrobat, anything!
Any help at all appreciated
Steve
steve at spuk dot co dot za

"Steve" <s@s.net> wrote in message news:cgdlsp$94i$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net...
> Hi
> Having googled countless permutations of "HP 5150 printing using tricolor
> cartridge to print black text" I stumbled across this newssgroup
>
> I'm really hoping that someone can help me solve this problem:
>
> My 5150 deskjet is using the tricolor cartridge to print black text (I know
> this because when the colour cartridge finally ran out of ink, the text was
> coloured)
> The black cartridge is full (re-filled it myself!)
> Printing from Indesign CS, the text colour is set at "Black" and not
> "Registration"

Are you selecting photo paper in the paper type? The pigmented black ink is
not compatible with glossy media and will not be used if photo paper is
selected.

Regards,
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Bob!
Yes! When printing from indesign, it defaults to "borderless photo" (which
the printer only allows on photo paper)

Thank you so much!

The very last thing (obviously) I would have thought of.

Thanks
Steve