Wheelman pc change control config?

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2k47

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
anyone figured out how to change controls in the game for PC? it seems there are only two 'fixed' configuration and you cant change them...if anyone was able to change it please share...

thanks

ainarssems

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2008
Nope. There is a config file where You can change all the settings but when You edit something game does not work anymore. Some kind of protection system. As far as Iknow there is no other way. Need to wait for hackers to crack protection or wait foe update to the game if developer releases one that will let You change settings.

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
Does it support external controllers or are you forced to use the keyboard/mouse? Driving games always feel better on a controller in my opinion... you have more delicate control of steering and throttle/brake.

h2k47

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
well it might not be the best of solutions but at least it allows you to play the game with your preferred key bindings. I used this keyboard remapping freeware 'KeyTweak' and swapped key mapping(e.g 'Up Arrow' becomes another'W'-and in game a 'W' is accelaration so now 'Up Arrow accelaration too). The only problem is you have to log off and back in everytime you want your changes to be saved. You can save your preferred setup of multiple key bindings though in a single file and load it whenever you want to run the game.

keytweak download( 281 Kb ):

http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/KeyTweak_install.exe

n btw, the game isnt really worth it. They made Barcelona soooo empty of cars!

Spadger

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Try going to:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft Entertainment\Wheelman\PC\WheelmanGame\Config

and double click

Coalesced.ini

The search for

m_aWheelmanInputBind

and try changing keys there. Seen similar things on other unreal engine games.

Arrowin

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
I discovered the same thing with Gears Of War. There you hve also a Coalesced.ini file. You can't simply change the text with notepad because the HEX scripting must be correct!

The hack in Gears of War was:

1. Edit Coalesced.ini in WinHEX but watch that the filesize is still the same;
2. Use Winmd5.exe to create the MD5 Checksum
3. Copy that checksum in PCTOC.txt file after the line 401047 0 0 ..\PC\WheelmanGame\Config\Coalesced.ini xxxxxxxxxxxxx....
4. It works but only for a few keys!

I made a succesfull change for the key throttle for vehicles. I changed W to Up and made the original key Up to W.
But it is a LOT OF WORK TO CHANGE THEM ALL AND IT MUST BE DONE CORRECTLY otherwise you will get an error at gamestartup.

So the result is: I DONT HAVE THE TIME DO DO ALL THIS
Why the game company developers can't create a good control key mapping which is changable?????

Arrowin

aravinth

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009

can u give de file which u changed...

Arrowin

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Nope, it's corrupt en i don't have the time to do all the work for u and me :) But try a single control en build around that like in my previous post and u will do fine! I uninstalled it, it's a bad game, i like need for speed!!!

G

no dificult configuration-file editing or keytweak-programs!!

Just change your keybord settings in windows to a QWERTY-arangement in configuration panel. Can it be simpler? Works fine with me, ... wheelman is cool game btw... if controls are right...

you feel stupid now, you didnt think about that one... no problem... I have that twice a day.. but not with this one

cheers

h2k47

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
no dificult configuration-file editing or keytweak-programs!!

Just change your keybord settings in windows to a QWERTY-arangement in configuration panel. Can it be simpler? Works fine with me, ... wheelman is cool game btw... if controls are right...

you feel stupid now, you didnt think about that one... no problem... I have that twice a day.. but not with this one

cheers

how do you change it to QWERTY in control panel for XP SP3..smartass?

vva1210ck

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
there's no need for y'all to do a lot of work on hacking your game such change your control configuration file and make binding of it, the result is your game will crash..! . as we know some game has two fixed control configuration like keyboad and for joystick tht you won't be able to changed them.

I found some cheap tool tht might help this problem..most important Just use joystick..

Joytokey (250 KB)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aywhwdthmwt/JoyToKey.rar

how to use it:
-Just put joytokey folder to your game directory.
-open joytokey(Remember, always open this with the game)

Just replace those fixed keyboard setting with your own preferred key bindings..
oh yeah btw, i had include my custom button configure if you wanna play it with your cheap joystick(not xbox controller). enjoy

G

Hi,
I just bought the game and got pissed with those lame key configurations. I made some modifications in the files Arrowin mentioned. While in a car WSAD is swapped with arrow keys, but while running you still use WSAD ;) Try it out if you want and let me know if there are any problems.
Here is a download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xo18e90tmxp64o0

Just paste the rar into game folder and use "Extract Here". Or copy files into proper directories.

Status
Not open for further replies.