i cant open the icon on my desktop

hello i have a problem , when i try to open an icon o on the desktop it open
a windows with note pat? why i cant go directly to the program? if i want i
have to open it from my programs files.
4 answers Last reply
More about open icon desktop

    Right click on the icon and choose Open With and select the program you want
    to run. Your post does not say if this is with a particular icon or all of
    them.

    "guspi" <guspi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hello i have a problem , when i try to open an icon o on the desktop it
    > open
    > a windows with note pat? why i cant go directly to the program? if i want
    > have to open it from my programs files.

    hi , m sorry , the problem is wit all the icons. even if i chosse to open it
    from all programs it shows the same problem . thanks for answer. i apreciate
    that.

    guspi wrote:
    > hello i have a problem , when i try to open an icon o on the desktop
    > it open a windows with note pat? why i cant go directly to the
    > program? if i want i have to open it from my programs files.

    Some how or another all your file associations have been changed to where
    only Notepad opens when an icon is clicked (or double-clicked, depending on
    whether or not you have the Desktop set to use Active content).

    Personally, I advise you to take your computer to a professional technician
    and have him fix it for you. While your'e at it, have him do a complete
    virus/trojan/malware scan.

    --
    Donald L McDaniel
    Please reply to the original thread,

    thanks for your help. take care.

    "Donald L McDaniel" wrote:

    > guspi wrote:
    > > hello i have a problem , when i try to open an icon o on the desktop
    > > it open a windows with note pat? why i cant go directly to the
    > > program? if i want i have to open it from my programs files.
    >
    > Some how or another all your file associations have been changed to where
    > only Notepad opens when an icon is clicked (or double-clicked, depending on
    > whether or not you have the Desktop set to use Active content).
    >
    > Personally, I advise you to take your computer to a professional technician
    > and have him fix it for you. While your'e at it, have him do a complete
    > virus/trojan/malware scan.
    >
    > --
    > Donald L McDaniel
    > Please reply to the original thread,