Scanner problem starting.

Hello,

I recently reformatted drive C:\ and reinstalled everything. I have did
this before with no problems. This time when I start, a scanner scan, it
takes about 3 minutes for it to do the scan. I checked device manager and
all of the usb items say they are working properly. Any idea why it starts
slow now??? I rave uninstalled and reinstalled the program. The scanner is
a Epson 2450 Photo. I have downloaded and installed all the updates for XP
from Epson. In Control Panel / Scanners and Cameras , the scanner is
present and I can scan there and everything looks ok. As I remember it
starts scanning normal there. Thanks in advance.

Old Geaser
2 answers Last reply
More about scanner problem starting

    Disconnect all your USB devices. Go back to Device Manager>USB
    Controllers>rt click on each one and choose Uninstall.
    Remove them all. Restart and let WinXP reinstall them. Reconnect your USB
    devices.
    "Old Geaser" <old.geaser1@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I recently reformatted drive C:\ and reinstalled everything. I have did
    > this before with no problems. This time when I start, a scanner scan, it
    > takes about 3 minutes for it to do the scan. I checked device manager and
    > all of the usb items say they are working properly. Any idea why it
    > starts slow now??? I rave uninstalled and reinstalled the program. The
    > scanner is a Epson 2450 Photo. I have downloaded and installed all the
    > updates for XP from Epson. In Control Panel / Scanners and Cameras , the
    > scanner is present and I can scan there and everything looks ok. As I
    > remember it starts scanning normal there. Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Old Geaser

    Rich,

    Thanks for info. I will give this a try and see what happens. Thanks

    Old Geaser

    "Rich Barry" <rbarry@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Disconnect all your USB devices. Go back to Device Manager>USB
    > Controllers>rt click on each one and choose Uninstall.
    > Remove them all. Restart and let WinXP reinstall them. Reconnect your
    > USB devices.
    > "Old Geaser" <old.geaser1@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I recently reformatted drive C:\ and reinstalled everything. I have did
    >> this before with no problems. This time when I start, a scanner scan, it
    >> takes about 3 minutes for it to do the scan. I checked device manager
    >> and all of the usb items say they are working properly. Any idea why it
    >> starts slow now??? I rave uninstalled and reinstalled the program. The
    >> scanner is a Epson 2450 Photo. I have downloaded and installed all the
    >> updates for XP from Epson. In Control Panel / Scanners and Cameras , the
    >> scanner is present and I can scan there and everything looks ok. As I
    >> remember it starts scanning normal there. Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Old Geaser

Scanners Windows XP