Scanner problem starting.

March 6, 2005 3:59:36 AM

Hello,

I recently reformatted drive C:\ and reinstalled everything. I have did
this before with no problems. This time when I start, a scanner scan, it
takes about 3 minutes for it to do the scan. I checked device manager and
all of the usb items say they are working properly. Any idea why it starts
slow now??? I rave uninstalled and reinstalled the program. The scanner is
a Epson 2450 Photo. I have downloaded and installed all the updates for XP
from Epson. In Control Panel / Scanners and Cameras , the scanner is
present and I can scan there and everything looks ok. As I remember it
starts scanning normal there. Thanks in advance.

Old Geaser
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 6:24:02 AM

Disconnect all your USB devices. Go back to Device Manager>USB
Controllers>rt click on each one and choose Uninstall.
Remove them all. Restart and let WinXP reinstall them. Reconnect your USB
devices.
"Old Geaser" <old.geaser1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I recently reformatted drive C:\ and reinstalled everything. I have did
> this before with no problems. This time when I start, a scanner scan, it
> takes about 3 minutes for it to do the scan. I checked device manager and
> all of the usb items say they are working properly. Any idea why it
> starts slow now??? I rave uninstalled and reinstalled the program. The
> scanner is a Epson 2450 Photo. I have downloaded and installed all the
> updates for XP from Epson. In Control Panel / Scanners and Cameras , the
> scanner is present and I can scan there and everything looks ok. As I
> remember it starts scanning normal there. Thanks in advance.
>
> Old Geaser

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 10:15:15 PM

Rich,

Thanks for info. I will give this a try and see what happens. Thanks

Old Geaser

!