I know that the index.dat file contains a record of all web activity
performed by Internet Explorer. Does it also contain a record of all
web activity performed by other browsers, such as Mozilla Firefox?

--
Remove the "Delany" to reply.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Babel17delany" <Babel17delany@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I know that the index.dat file contains a record of all web activity
>performed by Internet Explorer. Does it also contain a record of all web
>activity performed by other browsers, such as Mozilla Firefox?
>
> --
> Remove the "Delany" to reply.

No, those are in their respective folders in Document and Settings (e.g.
your folder name/application data/mozilla/.......).

No the index.dat in question relates to Internet Explorer only. These can be
cleaned using the freeware application CleanCache (www.buttuglysoftware.com)
A link to a review i did of cleancache can be found on the buttuglysoftware
web site. At the same time buttugle also do a CleanMOCache specifically for
Mozilla.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"Babel17delany" <Babel17delany@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I know that the index.dat file contains a record of all web activity
>performed by Internet Explorer. Does it also contain a record of all web
>activity performed by other browsers, such as Mozilla Firefox?
>
> --
> Remove the "Delany" to reply.

map

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> No the index.dat in question relates to Internet Explorer only. These can be
> cleaned using the freeware application CleanCache (www.buttuglysoftware.com)
> A link to a review i did of cleancache can be found on the buttuglysoftware
> web site. At the same time buttugle also do a CleanMOCache specifically for
> Mozilla.
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> http://freespace.virgin.net/john.freelanceit/index.htm
>
> "Babel17delany" <Babel17delany@optonline.net> wrote in message
> >I know that the index.dat file contains a record of all web activity
> >performed by Internet Explorer. Does it also contain a record of all web
> >activity performed by other browsers, such as Mozilla Firefox?
> >
> > --
> > Remove the "Delany" to reply.

Hi John, I was reading your review and checked out your website,nice site.

Thanks i hope you find it useful

--

"MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
>
>> No the index.dat in question relates to Internet Explorer only. These can
>> be
>> cleaned using the freeware application CleanCache
>> (www.buttuglysoftware.com)
>> A link to a review i did of cleancache can be found on the
>> buttuglysoftware
>> web site. At the same time buttugle also do a CleanMOCache specifically
>> for
>> Mozilla.
>>
>> --
>> John Barnett MVP
>> Associate Expert
>> http://freespace.virgin.net/john.freelanceit/index.htm
>>
>> "Babel17delany" <Babel17delany@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> >I know that the index.dat file contains a record of all web activity
>> >performed by Internet Explorer. Does it also contain a record of all
>> >web
>> >activity performed by other browsers, such as Mozilla Firefox?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Remove the "Delany" to reply.
>>

> Hi John, I was reading your review and checked out your website,nice site.

Thank you, John & Tom.

--
Remove the "Delany" to reply.

TRENDING THREADS