Desktop Background

I have created a desktop background image that I would now like to delete
from the list of choices in the display list. How can I do that?
6 answers Last reply
More about desktop background

    Search for the file on your hard drive and either delete
    it or change the file extension (.JPG, etc.) to XXX

    Good Luck !

    Thanks so much for the help.

    "MGGP" wrote:

    > Search for the file on your hard drive and either delete
    > it or change the file extension (.JPG, etc.) to XXX
    >

    > Good Luck !

    You are most welcome

    Look into these folders for the wallpaper file.

    %Systemroot%
    %Systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper
    %Userprofile%\My Documents\My Pictures
    %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    %ProgramFiles%\Plus!\Themes

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "saf" <saf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have created a desktop background image that I would now like to delete
    > from the list of choices in the display list. How can I do that?

    Thanks so much fopr the help.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Look into these folders for the wallpaper file.
    >
    > %Systemroot%
    > %Systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper
    > %Userprofile%\My Documents\My Pictures
    > %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    > %ProgramFiles%\Plus!\Themes
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "saf" <saf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have created a desktop background image that I would now like to delete
    > > from the list of choices in the display list. How can I do that?

    You're welcome!

    --

    > Thanks so much fopr the help.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Look into these folders for the wallpaper file.
    >>
    >> %Systemroot%
    >> %Systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper
    >> %Userprofile%\My Documents\My Pictures
    >> %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    >> %ProgramFiles%\Plus!\Themes
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "saf" <saf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I have created a desktop background image that I would now like to
    >> >delete
    >> > from the list of choices in the display list. How can I do that?

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP