Importing Windows ME Address Book

My new computer uses Windows XP operating system. I tried to import
my old computer's Windows Address Book (via 3.5" floppy disk) but XP
seems to ignore the old files and only displays what it has from XP's
Address Book. I would appreciate any advice on how to get XP to
display the old Book files.
--
John Brunt
London, Ont., Canada

    If you copied the .wab file to a cd, then that would set the file to
    read-only and it might not import into XP's OE6. Copy the .wab file to your
    hard disk, right click on it, click Properties, and clear the Read-only
    attribute check box. Click Ok and try to import again. This is an old
    issue but may still work this way.

    "John Brunt" <simcoe.boy@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > My new computer uses Windows XP operating system. I tried to import
    > my old computer's Windows Address Book (via 3.5" floppy disk) but XP
    > seems to ignore the old files and only displays what it has from XP's
    > Address Book. I would appreciate any advice on how to get XP to
    > display the old Book files.
    > --
    > John Brunt
    > London, Ont., Canada
    > simcoe.boy@rogers.com

    "John Brunt" <simcoe.boy@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > My new computer uses Windows XP operating system. I tried to import
    > my old computer's Windows Address Book (via 3.5" floppy disk) but XP
    > seems to ignore the old files and only displays what it has from XP's
    > Address Book. I would appreciate any advice on how to get XP to
    > display the old Book files.

    See http://www.insideoe.com/files/wab.htm
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/faqs/how.htm#movewab
    Backup Windows Address Book Entries