asus a7v8x

mito

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Hello,

I looking forward to upgrading to this MB. I'd like to hear your opinions. Is it a good MB?

Thanks.

/\/\ito

RCPilot

Champion
Yea it's a great MOBO. It's lived in the shadow of the A7N8X since it's inception almost. I bought the first one out before the Nforce was though of being released. It's been a rock solid board right out of the box. It is the fastest single channel MOBO right now above the Nforce. However when you are running Dual channel Nforce its the only way to go. That's pretty much where it's at with AMD & ASUS right now.

If it ain't broke, take it apart & see why not!

randy66

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
also using one since nov 02, 24/7 , rock solid ,not a single problem, it may not be the fastest available ( nForce 2 ) but feature packed with NO problems , you can get an idea by these forums hardly no one has a complaint , but if you have 2 sticks of memory already go with the nForce if not this is a good board

RCPilot

Champion
WOW I bought mine on the same day. I don't run 24/7 no need to. I fire up to read this forum & then go game. FPS are it for me & I'll tell you this board is in my gaming rig. No problems at all. I think (No Flames please) VIA has got it right on this board with the KT400. That's my opinion though. I know that a lot of people don't want to here that. It's my $.02 now though. It's better than the KT400a from the bench I read here.

If it ain't broke, take it apart & see why not!

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
If there is no nForce2 KT400 would be a greatest AMD platform chipset. Though I think VIA can do better but nForce2 just way too superior because of its Twinbank technology. Without this nForce2 is going to nowhere. A7V8X is a great mobo and it's cheaper than nForce2 *cough* A7N8X Deluxe. If you have no intention on upgrading to 400MHz FSB CPU, get the A7V8X to save you some cash on purchasing another memory stick; or else you'll have either get a nForce2 mobo that supports it or elso wait for the KT600 solution.

Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>