RED EYE

Actually two questions... in my program "zoom browser ex" whenever I hit the
red eye function big circles appear near the eyes. However, when I click the
red eyes the circle does not get rid of the eyes...?

Also-How do I connect my camera (canon A510) to my tv? I have the cords
plugged in right but I'm not sure if I need to adjust the channel button or
tv/vcr etc. etc.
9 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 07:47:02 -0800, Confused wrote:

    > Actually two questions... in my program "zoom browser ex" whenever I hit the
    > red eye function big circles appear near the eyes. However, when I click the
    > red eyes the circle does not get rid of the eyes...?

    I have several graphics programs installed and in each this control works
    just a little differently - steps to remove red-eye will vary. The help
    file for zoom browser ex should describe how to use this function when
    working within this program.

    > Also-How do I connect my camera (canon A510) to my tv? I have the cords
    > plugged in right but I'm not sure if I need to adjust the channel button or
    > tv/vcr etc. etc.

    Refer to the camera manual or to the tech support area of Canon's website
    for details on how to accomplish this.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    "Confused" <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Actually two questions... in my program "zoom browser ex" whenever I hit
    > the
    > red eye function big circles appear near the eyes. However, when I click
    > the
    > red eyes the circle does not get rid of the eyes...?
    >
    > Also-How do I connect my camera (canon A510) to my tv? I have the cords
    > plugged in right but I'm not sure if I need to adjust the channel button
    > or
    > tv/vcr etc. etc.

    First answer, refer to the software "zoom browser" for what is wrong with,
    it has nothing to do with XP.

    Second answer, refer to your camera's manual for what you need to do, as it
    has nothing to do with XP (or even a PC for that matter).

    to make the red reducer work click on the eye or eyes you want toremove the
    red eye from and look in the left or right hand side of the monitor for the
    ok box and click it move on to the next photo

    Confused wrote:
    > Actually two questions... in my program "zoom browser ex" whenever I
    > hit the red eye function big circles appear near the eyes. However,
    > when I click the red eyes the circle does not get rid of the eyes...?
    >
    > Also-How do I connect my camera (canon A510) to my tv? I have the
    > cords plugged in right but I'm not sure if I need to adjust the
    > channel button or tv/vcr etc. etc.

    Although off-topic, you got the red eye advice. For the TV, you need to
    find the setting for the correct video input. It's usually a button on
    the TV that switches among TV in, Video 1, Video 2, etc., where each
    corresponds to whatever video input (front, back) you are using.

    Thank you to everyone who has tried to help me!! I did look in my camera
    manual and it simply said to plug in the cables, but finally after playing
    around I found it worked on the Video 2 line.

    The help red eye function in my zoom browser ex software does not help and
    simply tells me to click red eye and click on the eye. There is an auto mode
    and a manual mode. The auto mode sometimes works well, sometimes nothing
    happens when I hit start. The manual mode will sometimes correct the eye by
    making it darker, but will only darken certain parts of the eye-not the
    entire eye, thus making the eye look weird with red and black dots. Any help
    on that?

    On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 14:27:01 -0800, Confused wrote:

    > The help red eye function in my zoom browser ex software does not help and
    > simply tells me to click red eye and click on the eye. There is an auto mode
    > and a manual mode. The auto mode sometimes works well, sometimes nothing
    > happens when I hit start. The manual mode will sometimes correct the eye by
    > making it darker, but will only darken certain parts of the eye-not the
    > entire eye, thus making the eye look weird with red and black dots. Any help
    > on that?

    If you can enlarge the picture, that sometimes helps to zero in on the area
    that needs to be corrected. That's about the only tip I have. While some
    programs are better than others at correcting this, one maxim holds true
    with all of them: Practice makes perfect.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Confused wrote:
    > Thank you to everyone who has tried to help me!! I did look in my
    > camera manual and it simply said to plug in the cables, but finally
    > after playing around I found it worked on the Video 2 line.
    >
    > The help red eye function in my zoom browser ex software does not
    > help and simply tells me to click red eye and click on the eye. There
    > is an auto mode and a manual mode. The auto mode sometimes works
    > well, sometimes nothing happens when I hit start. The manual mode
    > will sometimes correct the eye by making it darker, but will only
    > darken certain parts of the eye-not the entire eye, thus making the

    Yes, contact Canon you top posting moron. The software came with the camera
    and it is up to Canon to support it - this is a Windows XP group in case you
    hadn't noticed. It is for support issues directly concerning the Windows XP
    operating system and not 3rd-party applications installed thereunder.

    on salads.

    "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

    > Confused wrote:
    > > Thank you to everyone who has tried to help me!! I did look in my
    > > camera manual and it simply said to plug in the cables, but finally
    > > after playing around I found it worked on the Video 2 line.
    > >
    > > The help red eye function in my zoom browser ex software does not
    > > help and simply tells me to click red eye and click on the eye. There
    > > is an auto mode and a manual mode. The auto mode sometimes works
    > > well, sometimes nothing happens when I hit start. The manual mode
    > > will sometimes correct the eye by making it darker, but will only
    > > darken certain parts of the eye-not the entire eye, thus making the
    >
    > Yes, contact Canon you top posting moron. The software came with the camera
    > and it is up to Canon to support it - this is a Windows XP group in case you
    > hadn't noticed. It is for support issues directly concerning the Windows XP
    > operating system and not 3rd-party applications installed thereunder.
    >

    > --
    > Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
    > on salads.
    >
    > Ok I am a newby on here myself, but if I had a remark like this in a reply to my question it would be first and last time I would post.
    Why do some people think they are so perfect ! Have they never made any
    mistakes themselves. There are ways of saying things and this is below the
    belt !

    "Pop" wrote:

    > Hi Pixie,
    >
    > Don't let the ol' dragon-toothed wanna-be lady disillusion you. This is a great group, with some pretty danged knowlegeable people on it (wish I was one of them!). It's even worth putting up with the likes of Miss P's little bombastics now and then.
    > Like any group, the crabs come and go, and one happened to show up now. Just ignore it and the likes of it.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Pop

    Thanks pop, thankfully the good outnumber the bad.
    Best wishes
    pixie.

    > >> Ok I am a newby on here myself, but if I had a remark like this in a reply to my question it would be first and last time I would post.
    > > Why do some people think they are so perfect ! Have they never made any
    > > mistakes themselves. There are ways of saying things and this is below the
    > > belt !

Windows XP