Gigabyte GA-8INXP and P4 800MHz FSB?

Does anyone know if the Gigabyte GA-8INXP supports the new Intel P4 3GHz 800MHz FSB with using DDR3200 at the same time so that everything is running off a 200MHz bus?
4 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte 8inxp 800mhz
  1. From what I can gather you can put the new 800MHz FSB processors in the Granite Bay boards, but you'll need to overclock the system bus, and you're unlikely to actually reach 800MHz. See http://www6.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20030429/index.html

Andy
  2. thanks for the info
    it looks promising
    I will have to try it out when the prices of the new P4s come down a bit
    how close do you think that it will possible to get close to 800MHz?
  3. I have the same board and just bought a P4 2.8 with 800MHz bus. The highest I could set this board so it would run is 176 MHz bus. If anyone had better luck somehow please let me know.
  4. so if i bought a P4 HT 800FSB then it would just slow down to the highest FSB i could get out of my motherboard?
    But it would actually work?
    I currently have a Gigabyte GA-8INXP which the manual says can have a CPU host frequency of 100MHz - 200MHz
    I also have DDR 2700, which is not running at full speed at the moment due to the 533FSB
    will my setup take a boost in FSB enough to drive an 800FSB cpu?

Realistically what could i get out of my motherboard with CPUs i can buy today?

thanks for any help
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Bus Intel Gigabyte Product