Accounts

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
March 7, 2005 8:59:01 AM

New XP User.
I am slightly confused about how accounts are supposed to be set up on my
new PC.I read that administrator accounts control the settings, but when I
look up accounts in HELP & SUPPORT it says that you are not to run the
computer as a adminsitrator.I subsequently created a Limited account to use
but I found that some of the programs I installed I could not open.
Can someone explain how to set up and run accounts?

Many Thanks

More about : accounts

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 12:18:50 PM

It is good to create 2 or more ADMIN accounts in the event the main ones
gets corrupted.
On XP there is no way to hack the ADMIN account.
You will have to reinstall XP if the ADMIN account gets corrupted.

Regards, Gary 'Doc' Adams in Louisiana

CTLouisiana @ msn comREMOVE
http://computerteachers.digital-mall-online.com/
~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~

"Jinja" <Jinja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> New XP User.
> I am slightly confused about how accounts are supposed to be set up on my
> new PC.I read that administrator accounts control the settings, but when I
> look up accounts in HELP & SUPPORT it says that you are not to run the
> computer as a adminsitrator.I subsequently created a Limited account to
use
> but I found that some of the programs I installed I could not open.
> Can someone explain how to set up and run accounts?
>
> Many Thanks
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 1:39:12 PM

"On XP there is no way to hack the ADMIN account."

Really?

Modem Ani

"Computer Teachers LC" <lsuedu@msn.com> wrote in message
> It is good to create 2 or more ADMIN accounts in the event the main ones
> gets corrupted.
> On XP there is no way to hack the ADMIN account.
> You will have to reinstall XP if the ADMIN account gets corrupted.
>
> Regards, Gary 'Doc' Adams in Louisiana
>
> CTLouisiana @ msn comREMOVE
> http://computerteachers.digital-mall-online.com/
> ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
>
> "Jinja" <Jinja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > New XP User.
> > I am slightly confused about how accounts are supposed to be set up on
my
> > new PC.I read that administrator accounts control the settings, but when
> > look up accounts in HELP & SUPPORT it says that you are not to run the
> > computer as a adminsitrator.I subsequently created a Limited account to
> use
> > but I found that some of the programs I installed I could not open.
> > Can someone explain how to set up and run accounts?
> >
> > Many Thanks

Related resources
March 8, 2005 2:12:19 AM

Computer Teachers LC wrote:
|| It is good to create 2 or more ADMIN accounts in the event the main
|| ones gets corrupted.
|| On XP there is no way to hack the ADMIN account.

Knoppix will do it for a start......

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 3:31:02 AM

Can you explain which is the main account.I created two accounts ( which have
administrator status) during set up.Which is the main account that you say
might get corrupted?
Should I run my PC on a ADMIN account?

!