Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

clic redundancy check

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
August 25, 2004 9:57:58 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

Hello folks,

I have a HP Deskjet 3325.

I'm printing a few sheets (colour) and keep getting the message "There was an
error writing to USB001 for the printer (hp deskjet 3320 series): Data error
(cyclic redundancy check)"

Can you please explain this to me? I've tried printing a few sheets and each
time (after printing a different amount on each sheet) the error message is
repeated. I had this problem a while ago which disappeared for a while.

I wrote to HP for some advice and have tried some of those suggests, all of
which have failed. Here's some of what they wrote and my most recent
response..... (maybe I should buy another brand of printer or is it a windows
thingy?)

>From: Regional Customer Contact Centre
>The file you want to print might be corrupted. To check this, create a new file
in Notepad/WordPad or Paint and if this file >prints out correctly, the problem
is probably caused by the software being used when the error appears.

I have resaved the file in Paint (.bmp) format and reprinted it. Problem
still occurs.

>>Go to Device manager and USB Controllers and check if there is any yellow
exclamation mark or a red cross.

There is neither a mark nor cross.

>If the USB controllers in the Device manager look fine, check which type of USB
chipset is installed. The chipset type can be >checked in the Device manager
where it should be possible to see a USB Root Hub & another USB device (for
example >Intel, VIA, AMD). If the USB chipset is not an Intel chipset, contact
the manufacturer of the computer to obtain an update for >this USB chipset
......

That Manufacturer would be HP. I have a Pavilion 6617.

Many thanks.

--
....· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Raelene -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* xxx

More about : clic redundancy check

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 9:57:59 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

Maybe this will help:

Your Pavilion 6617 has an Intel 810 chipset, which includes USB handling along
with most of the other major motherboard functions.

Go to the following URL and download the Intel Chipset Software Installation
Utility. Install it. While you're at it, download the latest graphics driver
and install, too.

http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-009231....

If this does not get your printer working properly, there are two other
possibilities.

1. The USB cable is defective, a remote possibility.
2. The printer requires USB 2.0 to function properly, and your Pavilion supports
only USB 1.1. Yes, there is supposed to be backward compatibility, but hardware
manufacturers are notorious for cutting corners either in the design or the
testing of a product. Check the documentation for the 3325 and see if it wants
USB 2.0. Even if it doesn't say so explicitly, you may be better off with an
inexpensive USB 2.0 card installed in your computer, with the 3325 attached to
it.

Editiorial comment: The response to you from HP is typical of the mindless
stupid stuff from most vendor tech support these days, either on-line or via
telephone. Sorry, Bob Headrick, but the HP support emperor has no clothes
here. Long time sports journalist Howard Cosell offended a lot of people by
"telling it like it is", his personal catch-phrase. I tend to follow in his
tradition when it comes to computer technology. But our society has developed a
deaf ear, whether it's businesses or governments... Ben Myers

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:57:58 +0800, "Margaret" <blinkiemad@hotmail.comREMOVE>
wrote:

>Hello folks,
>
>I have a HP Deskjet 3325.
>
>I'm printing a few sheets (colour) and keep getting the message "There was an
>error writing to USB001 for the printer (hp deskjet 3320 series): Data error
>(cyclic redundancy check)"
>
>Can you please explain this to me? I've tried printing a few sheets and each
>time (after printing a different amount on each sheet) the error message is
>repeated. I had this problem a while ago which disappeared for a while.
>
>I wrote to HP for some advice and have tried some of those suggests, all of
>which have failed. Here's some of what they wrote and my most recent
>response..... (maybe I should buy another brand of printer or is it a windows
>thingy?)
>
>>From: Regional Customer Contact Centre
>>The file you want to print might be corrupted. To check this, create a new file
>in Notepad/WordPad or Paint and if this file >prints out correctly, the problem
>is probably caused by the software being used when the error appears.
>
>I have resaved the file in Paint (.bmp) format and reprinted it. Problem
>still occurs.
>
>>>Go to Device manager and USB Controllers and check if there is any yellow
>exclamation mark or a red cross.
>
>There is neither a mark nor cross.
>
>>If the USB controllers in the Device manager look fine, check which type of USB
>chipset is installed. The chipset type can be >checked in the Device manager
>where it should be possible to see a USB Root Hub & another USB device (for
>example >Intel, VIA, AMD). If the USB chipset is not an Intel chipset, contact
>the manufacturer of the computer to obtain an update for >this USB chipset
>.....
>
>That Manufacturer would be HP. I have a Pavilion 6617.
>
>Many thanks.
>
>--
>...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
>¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
>((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Raelene -:¦:-
>-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* xxx
>
>
August 26, 2004 2:39:30 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

<ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers)> wrote in message
news:412c9650.458581@news.charter.net...
> Maybe this will help:
>
> Your Pavilion 6617 has an Intel 810 chipset, which includes USB handling along
> with most of the other major motherboard functions

*snip*

Well now......... thankyou very much for that response.

I've been to the site but how do I find out whether I've a Intel® 810, Intel®
810E, Intel® 810E2 or 810L Chipset

Raelene
xxx
Related resources
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 2:39:31 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

According to the HP web site, the chipset is Intel 810, without any suffix.
Doesn't matter tho. Same drivers for all 810 chipset variants... Ben Myers

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:39:30 +0800, "Margaret" <blinkiemad@hotmail.comREMOVE>
wrote:

>
><ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers)> wrote in message
>news:412c9650.458581@news.charter.net...
>> Maybe this will help:
>>
>> Your Pavilion 6617 has an Intel 810 chipset, which includes USB handling along
>> with most of the other major motherboard functions
>
>*snip*
>
>Well now......... thankyou very much for that response.
>
>I've been to the site but how do I find out whether I've a Intel® 810, Intel®
>810E, Intel® 810E2 or 810L Chipset
>
>Raelene
>xxx
>
>
August 26, 2004 2:54:20 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

"Margaret" <blinkiemad@hotmail.comREMOVE> wrote in message
news:412d4d8c$0$18394$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
>
>>Your Pavilion 6617 has an Intel 810 chipset, which includes USB handling along
with most of the other major motherboard functions
>
> *snip*
>
> Well now......... thankyou very much for that response.
>
> I've been to the site but how do I find out whether I've a Intel® 810,
Intel® > 810E, Intel® 810E2 or 810L Chipset


Oh, don't mind me........ I think I've just found out....... went to systems
info. Guess I need to download all three items?

ie, the Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility and the application
accelerator?

If I continue to have the same problems, I wonder whether it's worth getting a
printer of another brand?


Raelene
xxx
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 2:54:21 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

Yes, download all of them. Install the Intel® Chipset Software Installation
Utility first, as is the norm with any motherboard chipset. In other words, get
the motherboard chipset drivers up to date and current, and go from there.

.... Ben Myers.

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:54:20 +0800, "Margaret" <blinkiemad@hotmail.comREMOVE>
wrote:

>
>"Margaret" <blinkiemad@hotmail.comREMOVE> wrote in message
>news:412d4d8c$0$18394$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
>>
>>>Your Pavilion 6617 has an Intel 810 chipset, which includes USB handling along
>with most of the other major motherboard functions
>>
>> *snip*
>>
>> Well now......... thankyou very much for that response.
>>
>> I've been to the site but how do I find out whether I've a Intel® 810,
>Intel® > 810E, Intel® 810E2 or 810L Chipset
>
>
>Oh, don't mind me........ I think I've just found out....... went to systems
>info. Guess I need to download all three items?
>
>ie, the Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility and the application
>accelerator?
>
>If I continue to have the same problems, I wonder whether it's worth getting a
>printer of another brand?
>
>
>Raelene
>xxx
>
>
August 26, 2004 8:32:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

<ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers)> wrote in message
news:412c9650.458581@news.charter.net...

*snip*
>Go to the following URL and download the Intel Chipset Software Installation
Utility. Install it. While you're at it, download the latest graphics driver
and install, too. http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-009231....


Yep, did that. :-) Still have problem. :-|

>If this does not get your printer working properly, there are two other
possibilities.

> 1. The USB cable is defective, a remote possibility.

Possibly. Fairly new, though. *shrug*

>2. The printer requires USB 2.0 to function properly, and your Pavilion
supports only USB 1.1. Yes, there is supposed to be backward compatibility, but
hardware manufacturers are notorious for cutting corners either in the design or
the testing of a product. Check the documentation for the 3325 and see if it
wants USB 2.0. Even if it doesn't say so explicitly, you may be better off with
an inexpensive USB 2.0 card installed in your computer, with the 3325 attached
to it.

Hmmmm, I can't remember whether the cable came with the pc Can't tell what type
it is. Printer
software/documentation says, "USB 2 compliant. The hp series offers one
opetion for connectivity. Purchase a USB 2.0 full-speed compliant cable."

I've looked through the pc's documentation and can't seem to find whether the
Pavillion only supports usb 1.1.

Where might I look?

> Editiorial comment: The response to you from HP is typical of the mindless
stupid stuff from most vendor tech support these days, either on-line or via
telephone.

Yep, and it's also interesting to contact HP on 2 differnent occasions
(months/years) apart with the same problem and get 2 different answers.

*sigh* So now it looks like I have to buy a usb 2.0 card, detach all cords and
trundle up to the pc shop and get it put in.
Hope the card isn't an expensive exercise. *sigh* Put it in myself? I
suppose but it only means having to read through more documentation to learn how
to do that. bloody machine.

Oh, another thought.... why would I be able to print (b/w) documents for a while
then have this message pop up? Surely, if it was a USB card/cable issue then
I'd get the error message from the start and not 6 months after typing
something?

Raelene
xxx
!