WMP54G driver/software for WinXP

Did I do something wrong, or doesn't the Windows XP driver for the Linksys
WMP54G Wireless-G PCI Adapter include the Linksys Wireless Network Monitor
tool?

I've installed that card in two other machines running Windows ME, and I've
installed the WPC54G in my wife's laptop, and they all have the utility.
(The laptop is running Win XP, but the WPC54G's driver includes the
utility.) I realize that Windows XP has the Zero Configuration thing and a
lot of networking stuff is built in, but I rather like the tool from
Linksys.

I've been assembling and upgrading computers for about 18 years now, but I'm
new to networks, and this wireless stuff seems to be even more confusing.
Any help would be appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about wmp54g driver software winxp

    "Hackworth" <spamless@nospam.net> wrote in message news:<10jk5m2k1qqfube@corp.supernews.com>...
    > Did I do something wrong, or doesn't the Windows XP driver for the Linksys
    > WMP54G Wireless-G PCI Adapter include the Linksys Wireless Network Monitor
    > tool?
    >
    > I've installed that card in two other machines running Windows ME, and I've
    > installed the WPC54G in my wife's laptop, and they all have the utility.
    > (The laptop is running Win XP, but the WPC54G's driver includes the
    > utility.) I realize that Windows XP has the Zero Configuration thing and a
    > lot of networking stuff is built in, but I rather like the tool from
    > Linksys.
    >
    > I've been assembling and upgrading computers for about 18 years now, but I'm
    > new to networks, and this wireless stuff seems to be even more confusing.
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    If you are beginer, XP assumes what you are doing, disable the
    wireless zero software, and install again the vendors software till
    you understand the configuration parametrs. The vendors have help
    files easier to read that correspond to their software.

Wireless Windows XP Wireless Networking