QuickLaunch Directory

March 7, 2005 12:57:23 PM

Where is the QuickLaunch toolbar directory?

In Win9x, the path would be C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch

There is no Application Data or All Users folder in the Windows directory
(at least not so far, not much software is installed yet).

I want to add shortcuts to Quick Launch for all users, not just the
administrator. I did not see Quick Launch under Documents and Settings
(which has desktops and start menus for all users and also for each
individual user). The Help file only tells me how to add shortcuts to the
bar by dragging them to the toolbar. I do not want to have to do this
several times for each user.

More about : quicklaunch directory

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 1:02:49 PM

Nevermind.

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Folder\Application
Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

The directories exist for individual users but not for "default user" or
"all users". I'll have to create the directories there myself.

"ForestSpirit" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Where is the QuickLaunch toolbar directory?

In Win9x, the path would be C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch

There is no Application Data or All Users folder in the Windows directory
(at least not so far, not much software is installed yet).

I want to add shortcuts to Quick Launch for all users, not just the
administrator. I did not see Quick Launch under Documents and Settings
(which has desktops and start menus for all users and also for each
individual user). The Help file only tells me how to add shortcuts to the
bar by dragging them to the toolbar. I do not want to have to do this
several times for each user.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 11:24:01 PM

"Default" user is used to make a new profile (user) - it gets copied, All
Users, you can add there, but doubt it will be used, as this is customizable
by user, and although I make be mistaken, it one of the items not used by
other profiles.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"