QuickLaunch Directory

Where is the QuickLaunch toolbar directory?

In Win9x, the path would be C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Quick Launch

There is no Application Data or All Users folder in the Windows directory
(at least not so far, not much software is installed yet).

I want to add shortcuts to Quick Launch for all users, not just the
administrator. I did not see Quick Launch under Documents and Settings
(which has desktops and start menus for all users and also for each
individual user). The Help file only tells me how to add shortcuts to the
bar by dragging them to the toolbar. I do not want to have to do this
several times for each user.
2 answers Last reply
More about quicklaunch directory

    Nevermind.

    C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Folder\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

    The directories exist for individual users but not for "default user" or
    "all users". I'll have to create the directories there myself.

    "ForestSpirit" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    Where is the QuickLaunch toolbar directory?

    In Win9x, the path would be C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
    Explorer\Quick Launch

    There is no Application Data or All Users folder in the Windows directory
    (at least not so far, not much software is installed yet).

    I want to add shortcuts to Quick Launch for all users, not just the
    administrator. I did not see Quick Launch under Documents and Settings
    (which has desktops and start menus for all users and also for each
    individual user). The Help file only tells me how to add shortcuts to the
    bar by dragging them to the toolbar. I do not want to have to do this
    several times for each user.

    "Default" user is used to make a new profile (user) - it gets copied, All
    Users, you can add there, but doubt it will be used, as this is customizable
    by user, and although I make be mistaken, it one of the items not used by
    other profiles.

    --
    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
    "Google is your Friend!"

    > Nevermind.
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Folder\Application
    > Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
    >
    > The directories exist for individual users but not for "default user" or
    > "all users". I'll have to create the directories there myself.
    >
    > "ForestSpirit" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Where is the QuickLaunch toolbar directory?
    >
    > In Win9x, the path would be C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet
    > Explorer\Quick Launch
    >
    > There is no Application Data or All Users folder in the Windows directory
    > (at least not so far, not much software is installed yet).
    >
    > I want to add shortcuts to Quick Launch for all users, not just the
    > administrator. I did not see Quick Launch under Documents and Settings
    > (which has desktops and start menus for all users and also for each
    > individual user). The Help file only tells me how to add shortcuts to the
    > bar by dragging them to the toolbar. I do not want to have to do this
    > several times for each user.

Microsoft Quick Launch Windows XP